Boomerang Fish

beaker

Reaction score
Re: C'irdan

Originally posted by frogboy4
Great stuff. Hope to see more articles up in the future! I must have played with that fish thing for 5 minutes! :smile:

BTW - you list MC as having no opinions. We have many fan written articles, reviews and editorials and a forum to express opinions. Anyone can submit an idea/article by going to: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/submit.shtml
I think the reason MC is having a lack of editorial is because people aint sending none in! Hehe

Btw, whose thug enough to start a Ned Shimmelfinny fan appreciation (*cough* Doomsday cult *cough*) site?
I just need to grab the domain name
www.nedshimmelfinnynation.com

C'irdan

Reaction score
Muppet Central

Sorry about being so strong with my words...I guess I should rewrite that...well the thing is, muppet central is the big fan base that's supposed to be perfect and good for everyone, but to do that you have to tone down your opinions and reviews a lot so that you don't completely oppose someone's opinion of something. That's not a bad thing at all, I just think that my site will be a little bit more "risky" I guess you could say...I want to voice my opinion, and it's not like I'm going to insult people or stuff like that, I'm just going to be a bit more...extreme about the whole business, whether it's good or bad. It's kind of a way for me to control my muppet-fan energy. So I apologize for being so rude about MC, and I'll change it right away. I'm very grateful for everybody's feedback and I think it'll make my site a lot better in general. :smile:

And thanks everyone for being so nice about my site! Muppetfans are generally very nice people I've noticed...a bit eccentric (heh, just look at ME!), but nice indeed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mutual respect and appropriate language is all we ask. The idea that you have to tone down thing isn't really true.

Do love the site though. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
haha i am veryyyy easily amused, so i spent quite a while playing with the fish.....i plan to try out the forum! hahaha (sorry i am just in a good mood)

beaker

Reaction score
Man I wish I knew how to do HTML at 14...heck I wish I knew how to HTML at 24^_^

C'irdan

Reaction score
site

Ok, I put the swedish chef pic up and gave a short but nice comment and geocities kept freezing so I couldn't put a post up on the front page about it...but tomorrow I will! Looks great.

Jamie-sorry about all this...I guess I'm just more opinionated than most. Please don't take any offense over this as none was meant. I think Muppet Central is the best site for muppet fans out there and probably will always be, and I love all of your work with the graphics on this site, they are truly amazing. I will stick to my stance though, it IS really entertaining to read tough pigs because of all the quirks in Danny's personality. :smile: So I'm sorry If I sounded like I was dissing muppet central. I changed what I wrote on my site for ya. And do you think you could add me to the links page on Muppet Central? That'd be great. :smile:

The forum's kinda dumb and I'm hoping to sign up somewhere else to get a new one...it's the kind of forum with a single page and users can change their names whenever they want to whatever they want no matter who else has that name...it's going to be bad if the forum's popular... could someone help me out by suggesting a free forum-making site for me? That'd be great.

PHEW! I'm done. (almost. :wink:)

BTW..beaker...html is really a lot easier than it looks...if you email me (there's a link on my site) I'll teach you...it's incredibly simple. It's mostly the "vocabulary" that's tricky...you learn the vocab over time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't mean it to be an either/or sort of thing. Both forums have validity. I don't look at other sites as competition. They offer different sorts of things.

Just wanted to make sure that you feel comfortable stating your opinions around here. You wrote that MC had no opinions which isn't the case. We have many - on the forum and on the site. And it isn't just one opinion. Even MC critical posts are permitted here.

It was user opinion that picked the Ode to Rowlf winner and there have been several editorials by staff and forum members about the Muppets. Even some recent ones. We don't really have one person's opinion taking priority over the entire site. I can understand if that's what you meant.

Anyway, didn't take it negatively. Just as a misunderstanding. :smile:

BTW - you should totally put a link in your signature so people can more easily get to your site.

C'irdan

Reaction score
Muppet Central

Thanks Jamie...I was just exaggerating, that's all. I think it was just because most of your news articles are about business and I was subconciously comparing you to toughpigs again. Just disregard the whole thing. It was way out of line to say that muppetcentral lacks opinions. And I'd still really like to be added to the links page! :wink:

Thanks Jamie.

P.S. I was talking about my forum...not yours...I don't know anything about making forums and I chose a bad site to make one from...so I'm not comparing anybody.

And thanks for the tip! Will do. Look out below! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Submit your site to Phillip and he will probably give you a link. That's something that everyone can do.

MC tries to be inclusive. I agree, a lot of the articles have been corporate lately. We are working on several projects. Most of the Muppet news these days is on the corporate front, but we did have Quinn's wonderful article and others are encouraged to send in their stuff too. I also recently wrote an editorial about Muppets and widescreen (finally getting everything I needed to say out of my system). LOL!

I hope we have more "Ode to" contests. It's great to have more fan talent around the site and the forum. I really enjoyed reading all of the entries. There wasn't a bad one in the bunch.