Boxed set of classic SS episodes -- coming soon??

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Martin Robinson dubbed Telly's voice on The Big Bird in China DVD??? That is crazy! Wow people are really worried nowadays about kids being confused about the difference of charachters. It must have seemed really strange seeing Telly with his old droopy eyed look with his new upbeat energetic Marty Robbinson voice. Sometimes it's not such a good idea to update things, and to leave well enough alone.
Yeah, I read that on the Tough Pigs message board several months ago. When I first saw Big Bird In China and heard Telly speak I was confused because I was expecting Brian Meehle to have done his voice (he performed barkly, after all) and I had heard Brian Meehles Telly voice in Don't Eat The Pictures (from the same year as Big Bird In China) and noticed how different his voice was, and I also knew that when Martin Robinson started out as telly he had Telly sound more like Brian Meehle had him sound. At first I thoguht I was confused and was thinking, "If Brian Meehls telly sounded like this, then no wonder Martin Robinson took over", even thouhg I did know how Brian Meehles Telly sounded.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to have got the old oringal "Big Bird in China" video. I'm still looking for "Big Bird in Japan" video. I know this is off the subject but I'm also looking for "Muppets Take Manhatten" video. That is when I get money saved for the apartments I'm going to move into with a buddy of mine.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
However a release like this is done, I think it would be perfect if it had at least the following:

Three kermit The frog segments (preferrable ones that i either haven't seen or haven't seen since I was in elementary school)

four Ernie and Bert segments

2 Monsterpiece theatre segments

1 baker film (although I would prefer any of them except for 3 and 10, since those are the only ones I have seen in their entirety).

and at least 3-4 segments with either Rosevelt Franklin, Sherlock Hemlock, Biff and Sully, and/ or Guy Smiley, and at least 2-3 segments with either Proffessor Hastings, Lefty, Simon Soundman, and/ or The Amazing Mumford.