Brian Henson update on JHC's theatrical sequels

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
But I don't think they are going to do a direct sequel to Labyrinth. Maybe they would do something involving the same world, but not the same characters. If there was a Labyrinth Broadway show do you think they would ask Bowie to recreate his role as Jareth? Can he dance and sing like he used to?

Then there's the Fraggle Rock movie. What do you think it will be about? Do you think they'll have a story that's true to the original series or will we have to deal with something with half the luster as the TV series?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Don't forget about the supposed Labyrinth comics coming from Tokyopop sometime this year, should they ever be released.

quixotic

Reaction score
I don't think that Bowie would take up his role again, even if it be a broadway show, I don't really know, but I think it seems unlikely, maybe they have to contact him for permission, if they want to use the songs etc. Or even possibly requesting envolvement artisically for more songs? Who knows? But I'm not sure he would star again no matter how much everyone wants him too, and if it was a show they are referring to, I'm sure everyone would love him to return to the role but I sadly can't see it. Just as much as I can't see anyone else playing Jareth, Bowie made him his own, the character was practically part of Bowie's past personas. But I guess that is something I would have to get used to, if I really wish something else to happen with it, i don't mind the broadway show, even if I never get to see it! It's a film version of the story I don't think would go down well, it obviously doesnt need a remake, and a sequel would spoil the imaginations of all that have made the story their own- its like them saying "this is really what should happen." When there are so many different interpretations.

If they do do a show, I'm guessing it would be a remake, not a sequel or preqeuel. I don't think they are referring to the comics, fans have known about them for some time, so that isn't hush hush. But then again, even if this broadway idea never kicks off, I'm sure something will surface out of all of this, one day, they have generated alot of excitement.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I can't wait!!!:excited: I really want to see the Fraggle Rock movie (well, and The Dark Crystal but, I'm looking forward to Fraggle Rock more.:smile: :embarrassed: )

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
But I don't think they are going to do a direct sequel to Labyrinth. Maybe they would do something involving the same world, but not the same characters. If there was a Labyrinth Broadway show do you think they would ask Bowie to recreate his role as Jareth? Can he dance and sing like he used to?

Then there's the Fraggle Rock movie. What do you think it will be about? Do you think they'll have a story that's true to the original series or will we have to deal with something with half the luster as the TV series?
I think the Fraggle Rock movie will first re-tell the story, then have some new stuff. Or what they could do in theaters is just play the first episode of Fraggle Rock, then the sequeal.:smirk: :excited: :crazy:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Kermit sitting on the shelf behind Brian in the home page photo on MC is a toy that you can buy?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Does anybody know if the Kermit sitting on the shelf behind Brian in the home page photo on MC is a toy that you can buy?
I think that I got that one at a thrift store a few weeks ago. There was another one too.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Yes, it is a toy that you can buy. It's not an exactly perfect replica of Kermit, but it's a pretty nice doll (one of the better ones). In fact, I have the same doll, in almost the same pose, sitting on the shelf in my office (Brian must have snuck into my office, seen mine and set one up for the interview to pay homage to me...or its just a coincidence. You decide). Maybe if I remember I'll check the tag to see who made it and when.

Anyway, to get back on topic…Dark Crystal 2, a Fraggle Rock movie and some new Labyrinth thing? Whoopie! I can't wait. Awesome news! :wink: