Bring back The Muppet Show

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
Hey everyone:
i just had this fantastic idea, maybe we should all write to the disneychannel and have them bring back The Muppet Show and with your opinion, should we see Muppets Tonight! as well?

MuppetLady

Reaction score
Hey everyone:
i just had this fantastic idea, maybe we should all write to the disneychannel and have them bring back The Muppet Show and with your opinion, should we see Muppets Tonight! as well?
You could probably start a petition for that I'm sure... That is, if you want too

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
also it would be cool if they but the Muppet Show or Muppets Tonight on the HUB channel

MuppetShow123

Reaction score
What they should do is make a modern version of the show, sticking with the original format and not screwing up like they did with Muppets Tonight! Of course it should include the classic opening, just like they did in the new movie!

Alvin

Reaction score
I can see them re-running the old shows...but for Disney to do a whole new show...I don't know...I would love it though. Still waiting for them to release season 4 on DVD...they seem to be taking their time.

Walter

Reaction score
also it would be cool if they but the Muppet Show or Muppets Tonight on the HUB channel
It could happen.. HUB loves the Muppets as it is, and they own the rights to Disney's HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS : THE SERIES. So it is entirely possible!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
What they should do is make a modern version of the show, sticking with the original format and not screwing up like they did with Muppets Tonight! Of course it should include the classic opening, just like they did in the new movie!

When Muppets Tonight was good, it was VERY good, when it was bad, it was very bad. There are some skits that genuinely worked, and usually those were the one shot parody skits like Seinfeld Babies and Co-Dependance day or even the UK bits like Fairy Tale PD, Mr. Calahan, Swift Wits, and Boarshead Revisited. it's such a shame the Uk segments were better than the pig segments (Deep Dish 9 and Bay of Pigs Watch).

Substantially, the show was MUCH better second season, late second season when they took the action outside of the theater. The Andie McDowal episode where Bunsen is separated from Beaker (on a Star Trek cruse, being harassed by George Takei) is actually quite brilliantly done as was the Johnny leaves Home episode.

Still, I want something that utilizes the classic Muppet Show theater, but doesn't slavishly copy The Muppet Show. I want to see Pigs in Space with the classic cast, and Muppet Labs and the Swedish Chef are all too much a staple to change... but I want some sort of new segment. There was a brilliant comic where Robin was trying to explain stamp collecting while Sweetums was busy munching on his collection... I'd LOVE to see a Robin and Sweetums segment like that.

In the meantime, sure... rerun the thin on Hub. At least then we'd see season 4 and 5.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think that a loose revival of The Muppet Show would work well, but it shouldn't be a carbon copy. I think that a revival that combines the variety element of the original show with some serialized or continuing plots would be interesting, like the show could be about the Muppets trying to develop a Las Vegas revue, a Broadway show or perhaps a pilot for a sitcom. That way they could have the same backstage antics and musical numbers and celebrity cameos while they try to develop the show, but they would have the freedom to develop longer plotlines, which would set it apart from the original show. It might be logistically harder to pull off, but it could work.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I don't have cable, so why don't they put it on network? Does network tv have to be all reality television? (Please don't say yes)