1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Bringing Back the Bells...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Convincing John, Oct 16, 2009.

1. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Convincing John! Good to see you back!
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to do it last year for reasons which are better forgotten,
    :shifty:
    :grouchy:
    but I definitely plan on it this year!
    :excited:
    Kim, I don't know the exact time of the solstice where I am, but the idea is to feel a sense of unity with our fellow forum members, which is why, circumstance permitting, we all do it at the same time. Of course if you're limited by timezone Etc., that's something else entirely. Do it when you can, or even just thinking of us works.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Just realized that the 21st is the day the world is supposed to end...Did the Fraggles also predict this? Or is it that the world will end if we DON'T ring them bells.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Maybe at the end of the world we'll all turn into Fraggles...
    Muppet fan 123 and charlietheowl like this.
  5. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Relax, Bo! Just remember that when the seven of lumps is in the ascendancy with the beginning of the drowning refrigerator, it only means that your laundry will come back gray and dingy. The world isn't going to end.

(But ring a bell just in case!)
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

"Listen to Convincing John and all your troubles will be gone"
  7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Cantus said that we all ring the bells at the same time. Hmmmm! That makes sense!
  8. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Since this year is 2012, if you like, you can add in something else if you like. When all is said and done with the hoopla surrounding 12/21/12, feel free to relax in your favorite chair, and casually wonder aloud "Is there any more coffee?" in your best Link Hogthrob voice.

9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Goes over list...

Housekeys on Sting dagger keychain to jangledly ring, check.
    Time to ring, 11 o'clock PM, check.
    Festival of The Bells and There's A Promise MUP3's to play, check.

Okay, I'm all set for tonight. This one's for you Jerry.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I rang my bell at the precise time of the solstice, 6:12 Am EST, while waiting for the bus today. I'm such a nerd.

And I have the bell in my office, so when anyone asks about it I tell 'em to give it a ring, :)
  12. The Count

Yes, but it's nerds and fans that make the world run.
    :grr: NERDS! ! !
    Yeah, but you're a nerd too Sweetums.
    :grr: Oh right. I love those guys.

*Rings Kim's bell, then scurries away laughing.
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Jingle Jingle!
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Now...for the sake of my understanding and everyone else's, we're ringing the bells at 9 CST, which translates to 10 EST, 8 MST, and 7 PST, correct?
  15. The Count

And 11 PM PRST, yes. :excited:
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Alrighty, thanks. Just wanted to be sure I had that right, in no way do I want to miss this.

In fact, I almost forgot about it until this afternoon when it came to me. :o

I gotta get my bell lined up here...I haven't decided what I should use. I have lots of ornaments on my tree that have a bell in them that I could ring, or I could use one of those larger bells (like a teacher might use) which I have lying around here...
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

And so things approach, with a minute left. Just wanted to encourage everyone to ring your bells with some meaning, for love, for joy, for peace, for all the Muppet morals and values! Ring it for Jim, Jerry, and all company!
  18. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I rang mine! I was trying to keep it kind of silent because some of my family's asleep but I rang it. It's nice to know Muppet fans all over rang together.
  19. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Rang mine too!
  20. The Count

Rang my keys while A Baby Like You played on MCR. Thanks to Jim and Jerry and everyone who have made this past year memorable.

And now the rock can keep rolling for another year.
    Bannanasketch likes this.