Britney Spears' Return (New Album and Interview Special)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There were child stars in the '80s and before who screwed up though, it's not an entirely recent thing. The media just enjoys exposing it more. Whereas in the past, it was the standard to hide it.

Well I shouldn't be naive, hehe. I do things are getting worse. Less and less sense of responsibility and care for people.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There were child stars in the '80s and before who screwed up though, it's not an entirely recent thing. The media just enjoys exposing it more. Whereas in the past, it was the standard to hide it.
Well, I do realize that, but there is so much more to it noways! There's so muhc more to being a marketable figure then there once was! It was probably easier to get into trouble back then. But it's just that you are in the spot light most of your life and expected to be perfect evry minute of the day and by the time you get older and the next more marketable thing to take your place comes along, and you are yesterdays news, and you have that Leisurely time, somtimes that pressure comes in to preform and it can lead to things like depression and that can lead to worst things.

But see that is the difference between true talent and why the are welcome back even after all the negative things. I mean she was basically an image who was made to be marketable for a period of time who would be the model for others who would fall in line and eventually replace her once she is older. It's just to me that true talent never dies or can be replaced in the end where with people like her are a dime a doesn't waiting to be replace by somebody else. True talent is a gift and can't be replaced where as a marketable image can. People are seeing you for you're marketability and not liking you for who you really are. So when you're day is up and the fans simply loss interest because you were the fad of the moment and you try to earn some credibility as a real artist with something less markable that will last over time in the long run, it is to late. And some people can not handle not being at the top, I mean evrybody has their ups and downs. But it was almost as if she was artificial and not sincere when she first came out, so she has to live up to that perfect image. To me that is the difference between her and Lindsey Lohan. It's that She still has something to offer and I think that is the difference.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's true, people lose themselves when they consider themselves just an image to uphold. Experts have said the best way to keep out of trouble as a child star is good parents, and a lot of luck.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's true, people lose themselves when they consider themselves just an image to uphold. Experts have said the best way to keep out of trouble as a child star is good parents, and a lot of luck.
It's sad that many of these kids have parents who get caught up in the delusion of fame themselves and exploit there children for the sake of a buck.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Reading this thread just brought back to mind all the things that were going through my head watching this weekend's American Music Awards...

most of the people on there (nominees, performers, and presenters) were either youth stars or those that started out as youth stars, all products of marketing might and packaging - many of them with the full muscle of the Disney machine behind them are in the case of the boy bands/pop tarts, a similar promotion machine behind them (and how ironic was in to see New Kids on the Block reformed and performing among this mess they helped create)...much of it very disposable and also very emblamatic of what American music has come to represent in this day and age...

...and alongside all of that is a lifetime acheivement style award given to Annie Lennox who represents the exact opposite of all that - a true artist and talent who has a career of doing things on her own terms (and took time off of her career when it came to raising her children...and it didn't go away when she was ready to return)...then not only given the award in the first place but also puts all the flash and smoke and mirrors and pole dances to shame by her stunning performance backing herself on grand piano (just as about 8 years prior she did the same thing performing on American Music Awards as part of Eurythmics doing an acoustic set with herself and Dave on guitar and having the exact same effect and reception) and was considered the highlight of the show and was totally enamoured by the audience in attendance with their standing ovation and tears in their eyes as the camera panned the crowd.

...and who among today's class of artists would be able to claim such a similar award 20 years down the line? Where are tomorrow's true legends today?

Pink probably has the greatest chance. And several other artists that, like Annie, hail from Europe (or other places)...but most will be considered obsolete in five to ten years (if they're even that lucky) once the youth factor and appeal is gone.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Disposable! That is th word I was looking for! Thank you! But all in all I guess in a way that is just the nature of the beast that is!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
THE CIRCUS: STARRING BRITNEY SPEARS World Tour has begun!

Setlist

CIRCUS
Perez/Parade Intro
Circus (Funky Remix)
Piece of Me
Thunderstorm Segue
Radar

HOUSE OF FUN (Anything Goes)
Martial Arts Segue
Ooh Ooh Baby/Hot as Ice
Boys
If U Seek Amy
Me Against the Music (Bollywood)

FREAKSHOW/PEEPSHOW
Everybody’s Looking for Something Segue
Freakshow
Get Naked
Britney’s Hotline
Breathe on Me/Touch of My Hand

ELECTRO CIRC
Break the Ice Segue
Do Something
Slave
Dancer Solo Segue/Heartbeat Segue
Toxic
Baby One More Time (Remix)

ENCORE
Womanizer (Extended Remix)
Circus Reprise: The Bow

Is anyone going?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i have not really ever gone to a concert in my life untill i went to see the Blackwoods in Gatlenbure and i also went to the Comody barn.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Her new album, "Circus" sounds pretty good and I am anxious to hear her side of the tabloid rumors in "For the Record", which airs on MTV November 30th.

What do you think?
Brittney Spears knows how to sing? And all this time I thought she was dancing just to cover up the fact she can't sing.......