Brothers and Sisters

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh! I read Janken's fan-fic posts and stories before. Very interesting! Thanks, Mokey! Is it okay if I just call you Mokey?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, all, glad you liked this segment. It was a lot of fun to write. Red and Skeeter definitely have chemistry. But then, so do nitro and glycerin.

I have never been able to predict people's reactions to my stories. Elements that I didn't think were all that important will resonate with others, and the bits I liked most will seem to slide under the radar. It used to annoy me, but after 20+ years I'm used to just being on a different wavelength. I didn't think people would notice Sage so much, and I was prepared for a reaction to Scooter and Janken finally having a scene that showed them clearly being more than "just friends." (Relief at seeing evidence that they are indeed a happy couple, or disappointment that I didn't show more, or "Ew, I really didn't need to see that.") What the heck, as long as people enjoy the story and I don't perpetrate too many ghastly, cinderblock-ish errors, I'm happy.

Point of trivia: Sage cooked a rolled omelet, the recipe for which I have on my bento site. It's a fun variation on the regular type. I especially like adding food coloring for a rainbow effect.

*Enjoyed the rock-climbing competition and Skeeter's subsequent baiting of :excited: into a round of obstacle-running.
Thanks! That was a hard scene to set up in my head, but once I got to the point of writing it it was fun. We're gonna see more action between those two, believe me.
BTW: Is it okay if I stay to help with the laundry folding? Or culinary taste-testing? Is what I do best.
I imagine Boober would be quite happy to share the mystery and drama of laundry, and he likes it when people respect his cooking skills.

Here be a pic based on the race. Drawn a few months ago; the nature of the cliff changed, but clearly the contestants' attitudes didn't.

Hee hee, I know I've already posted this pic in my "Slackbot Draws Stuff" thread, but I love Skeeter's miffed expression.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... *Sits over here, folding clean clothes. Even though someone else has to say what goes to whom and help me with mine, at least it's something I know how to do.
And when it comes to food, well, there's a reason why I love watching Food Network shows. Not all of them mind you, but enough to develop something of a knowledge if I can't really cook for myself either.
*Wonders how long before :sigh: comes up with veg pizzas.

Slackbot

Reaction score
As of the final episode of Fraggle Rock the Fraggles had no idea what pizza is. Doc gave them one, and we saw it tacked to the wall of Wembley and Gobo's cave; they thought it was a wall hanging. (Wembley also thought a doughnut was a pillow, and Red and Mokey wore a dog bone and some crackers as accessories.) I can see Boober getting interested once the concept was explained to him, and experimenting in his kitchen when nobody was around.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, if you hand them anything silly creature related, they'll think it's something else... Like how a smoking pipe's a dinglehopper.
But if Boober made blueberry flatcakes, how long would it take him to figure out with a bit of sugar he's got his own brand of filled pastries we call snackcakes, doughnuts, zeppolis, crullers, etc.? Or conceive the notion that if he makes the bread flat enough, dress it with eggplant/tomato juices, then layer it with sliced vegetables from the Gorg's garden, then sealing it away in his makeshift oven he's got a pizza factory?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think you and Boober are gonna have to have a talk.

Actually, I wonder why Janken hasn't told Boober about these things. Perhaps he is being really careful about bringing Silly Creature culture down to the Rock. Or maybe he just doesn't want to hurt Boober's feelings. Janken can be a bit overcautious at times.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:insatiable: Hey, as long as me get me chocolate chip or raisin cookies, me one happy monster. Even if they Fraggy Newtons.
Save some room for the ratatouille, that stuff's good too. Along with a side of fanfic update of course.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Boober always has some cookies on hand! Potato cookies and sesame & honey cookies are favorites.

I've never had ratatouille. I've heard it's good, though, and one of these days I'll find a recipe that's simple enough and try it out. It sounds like something that Boober would make.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ratatouille is good, my mom made it a couple of weeks ago. The recipe Boober's got in the story isn't that far off. Slice and cook up an eggplant as the base, then add whatever veggies you've got on hand. The one version I remember from Food Network is EZ-POT: eggplant, zucchini, peppers, onions, and tomatoes. I think the one my mom made was without the zucchini, because of having used the others for a second recipe which was Cod a la Biscaina (codfish casserole). And even if it's not a perfect recipe as dictated by any cookbook, it's a recipe made your own, and that's what matters. Now you've gotten me :hungry:, gotta wait for dinner though.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Boober would need tomato for ratatouille. I didn't have him ask Mokey for one because it wouldn't fit the song (I hope the tune was recognizable to Fraggle fans), and it's safe to assume that he keeps some produce in his pantry.

I don't use tomatoes in my cooking. Got nothing against them, they just haven't been part of my repertoire. I ought to give 'em a try.