Build a better mousetrap!

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
Very cool!!!!! But please don't say where you got it from! Do you live close to a graveyard?
Several! Edinburgh was originally a walled city, about a mile long by half a mile wide. All the graveyards were within the city walls. Inevitably, they filled up over time, and the solution was to bring in more soil and build the ground level back up, hence most graveyards in the Old Town are artificial hillocks, which tend to erode in the rain. We get a lot of rain. :smile:

The city is full of ghost stories, and there are several companies operating 'Ghost Walks' around the more interesting parts. One of the ones I did a few years back took us into one of these graveyards, and at one point the guide produced a femur from a crumbling tomb to demonstrate the poor condition of the place. He then mentioned that they used to have a skull for this demonstration, but that someone had nicked it (not me!) It crossed my mind that one dark night I should sneak into the graveyard after the tour's gone in, armed with Eustace, some dry ice and a flashlight... Eustace is currently painted white (don't ask!), and should give the appearance of a glowing disembodied skull floating above a headstone...heh heh heh...

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
My gosh, are we all going nuts on here? :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
Yeah! Ain't it cool? :smile:
At this alarming rate, I'll end up in the primordial stages of early man, back to single celled organisms and the genesis of
it all...and back in time for dinner and reruns of 'Friends'. ^_^

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
Eustace is currently painted white (don't ask!), and should give the appearance of a glowing disembodied skull floating above a headstone...heh heh heh...

NICE!!

SO cool to hear that tale, Alex---I'm a HUGE fan of the ghostly supernatural! :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
I got a whole store o' them! Maybe I should start a new thread?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Maybe you should write a book! :smile:

OO! OO!

I'm lookin' for a new career start, and I'm already your combination indentured servant/slave for an as yet undetermined amount of time...

How's about makin' me write yer book??

:smile:

anathema

Reaction score
Yeah! With your talent and...er...your talent...I could make a fortune! Yeah!

* cracks whip *

Bwahahaha!

Maybe I'll just start a thread...

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I just love Ghost stories!!! Are there any ghosts of famous people in Edinburgh?

anathema

Reaction score
But of course :smile: I'll post some tales in the 'Ghost Stories' thread a little later...

:smile: