Building the Puppet Workshop

Iokitek

Reaction score
Yes really nice :smile: also shows you don't really need that much space to build puppets. As long as it's all set up right. I've been rearranging stuff lately aswell. No pictures though. But now I have alot more room to work with. I'm making my own fabric rolls to hang on the wall wich you can easily roll out on the table. Instead of having all my fabric folded ad piled up in a corner somewhere this way it stays neat.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
I'm making my own fabric rolls to hang on the wall wich you can easily roll out on the table. Instead of having all my fabric folded ad piled up in a corner somewhere this way it stays neat.
Thats a really great idea!:excited: I hadn't even thought of that! By the way, both workshop photos are very inspiring. Thanks!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i guess this is a old post but thought i would through my two cents in,

just concerning the tables, all the shops i have worked in have had the large woooden tables, with a plywood table top, but on top of that we place a sheet of HOMOSOATE, (not sure of the spelling )its a thick paper fiber like piece about the same size as a piece of sheet-rock, we lay that on top and then cover it iwth craft paper, creates a smooth flat surface on which to lay out patterns, pin fabric for cutting, and glueing, it is very versitle, and is easy to clean up, u simply un tape the craft paper and roll oyt a new sheet , both the Henson shop , and Lyon puppets use simialar ideas for thier tables, just a though for all you aspiering builders.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for always sharing and being helpful, Ravagefrackle!! You da man!

Iokitek

Reaction score
I was thinking of making a table like that aswell :smile: it seemed logical to me to be able to stick pins all the way into the table. But I had no idea that some people were already doing it that way.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I tell you what. This is a lot of hard work! Back breaking labor to be exact! I finally just about finished my cutting table. All I have left is to build a fabric rack like the one Iokitek spoke of. I've been moving cabinets around and knocking down old walls to make room for everything. Sweat just pouring off of me :stick_out_tongue:

Iokitek

Reaction score
A wise decision :smile: One tip for you though. I noticed that some of the rolls would be hanging almost near the ceiling and too far away from the table to be functional enough. So if you make sure that you can easily switch rolls you can always place the one you need at that moment at the bottom right above the table.

I hope you get what I mean :stick_out_tongue: