California Raisins supposedly hitting DVD

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for letting us know that the Christmas special is on DVD, Zack! That's awesome! I gotta track that down now. I'm not a fan of raisins either, yet I love grapes. I remember one Halloween when the Raisins were popular, I dressed up as one to go trick or treating :smile: I think I was around 11 or 12 at the time.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
No problem! it's a great dvd!
i love grapes too and when people say "well raisins are just dried grapes." I say, would you eat a ham sandwich that was sitting in the sun for three days?...;-)
although i love crasins too.

those raisin Halloween costumes look fun, i would love to see people wear them now!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Box art

Gee... I hope they can clear ALL those music rights. I watched a grainy video online of an episode, and it had 3 musical numbers alone.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Whoa, I didn't know about this until today, and MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN. I've always been a fan of the California Raisins, so yeah, I'm picking this up.

Fraggline

Reaction score
The news about the California Rasisins are legit, as TVShowsonDVD and TheDigitalBits.com which is affiliated with many industry insiders have both posted the information. My sister used to have a VHS of the Raisins Sold Out special which I think she may have gotten from an AVON catalog back in the day.

And to answer Fraggline's question, yes, these are indeed the same raisins affiliated with the brand. The Christmas special I believe was called "A Will Vinton Christmas" who was the studio head that produced the special and the raisins commercials. I would love to see that on DVD, that had such beautiful animation. My favorite segments were "Joy" and when they animated the insides of the ornaments on the Christmas tree. And the drunk dinosaur was a bonus too. :smile: Great stuff!
Cool! I think it's neat that they can use commercial mascots as characters who have their own adventures. Thanks!