Calling All Actors!!!!

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Hey, I was just wonderin how many of us Muppet fans were planing to have something to do with the wonderful world of Telivsion, Theater, Movies, or whatever.

I had noticed that a few of the people, including myself, had said something about being intersted in performing in the future.

I myself was planing to become an actress/director someday.(yeah, in my dreams!!!!! But hey a girl CAN dream!)

Just wanted to know who all is my competion! lol :wink:

-Linda

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves"
- William Shakespeare

Natalie

Reaction score
I said something about how I act, but it's only in my spare time. I won't be doing anything related to it as a career later. But I do take it seriously, right now I'm in two plays and will be directing one starting in a few months (and yes, I'm still in high school and yes it is at a real theater with paid audiences).
Although I have to say it would be awesome to do something with the JHC!

Natalie

Reaction score
To answer your question to be on the newbie thread:
I've been in lots of plays. Right now I'm in one out of the two 1 act plays we're doing in school, it's the first play I've actually done in school surprisingly except for ones in my theater classes. Outside of school I've been in at least 15 plays, all kinds of things, 3 of them were Shakespeare. I do plays mostly at a little community theater in a small town near where I live. The play I'm in there right now is "The Importance of Being Earnest". I will begin directing "The Little Foxes" in January and it will have a teenage cast, it should be so much fun!

P.S.- good luck to you and any other people who do want to pursue acting. I kinda wish I was good enough to do it!

beaker

Reaction score
I hope to some day help script and be involved in a Muppet film of epic proportions. Well, there's always fan fiction^_^

But I would definately like to at least make a short film one of these days.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I did a few plays in high school... won "best actor in a comedic role" for something or another in a city-wide contest thingy. And I was kinda crucified in a student film...and wrote and directed two short films for work (they don't count) (but they had a high body count) ....

I guess I'm more interested than I thought I was.

I'd love to do community theatre sometime when I grow up...but we'll see how that pans out. I can act, I can sing, I can do my own stunts...but I can't dance. It invariably leads to injury and sometimes partial nudity. Not on purpose. Like in "Fiddler on the Roof" when I put someone else's pants on and he was a 42 waist and I was a 30, and they just fell right off in the middle of the wedding dance.

Oops.

I tired.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Very cool,
didnt know that there was so many out there with so much talent!

I have been in tons of plays, had one audition for a spot in TV, but that fell through. However I'm still waiting for that one oppertunity to show itself.

Break-A-Leg!!!!!!!

I hope that everyone reaches their dreams!

-Linda

(PS,Don't worry Gonzo, ur not the only one who messed up on stage. During my first play, I was chasing a house keeper and I fell while running around the couch! Everyone laughed, I just glad it was Suposed to be a comedy!!!!!)

anathema

Reaction score
I've done a little stage and film directing and producing. And indeed pretty much every job there is on a film set from teaboy upwards...we didn't have a large crew :big_grin:

These days it's entirely behind the scenes stuff; the last biggie was producing the video effects and inserts for a production of 'Return to the Forbidden Planet', which was great fun!

SgtPepper

Reaction score
I've been in 2 out of 3 plays at my high school (for the 3rd I was academically in-eligable)

I'm trying out for the part of Woodstock in Youre a Good Man Charlie Brown... I hope I get it... Its a puppeteering part :big_grin:

Yeah... my dreams are:

1. To Be on Saturday Night Live
2. To Be a Muppeteer
3. To have a band and be featured as a guest on the muppet show.

But these are Dreams

wockawocka

Reaction score
If you all don't know already, I'm ngirl's younger sister. I also do acting and I'm also in 2 plays right now. I'm in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" at the theater, and "Final Dress Rehearsal" at school. (Nat actually plays my mother in that one.) I've done a lot of things in drama, and I'd love to do an acting career, but I don't think that will end up happening. My friend and I actually wrote a play last year, and we just gave it to my drama teacher today and she says that it was really good. Nat and I have thought about how fun it would be to be on a show like Mad TV, or a voice for one of muppets, together. It would be fun, but acting is just for fun right now. Of course, I don't know what could happen in the future.

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
HEY! WERE IS THE FAITH????

I know people say that there are impossible dreams, but i say if you truley want it, then go out and get it!

All the people that said "I'm not good enough" or "I don't think it will happen" need to beleive in yourselfs.

Like Jiminy Cricket said,"If your heart is in your dreams, then no request is to extream."

I'm not going to give up on what I want. I hope that you dont either!

-Linda