Calling All Actors!!!!

Natalie

Reaction score
Well, acting isn't my dream, but I love it anyway. I'm going to college next year and will be majoring in fashion merchandising. It's my dream to be some really important person in a huge clothing company.

rowlf84

Reaction score
I have been an actress in several plays/musicals. I hope someday to land a spot voice acting. It sounds like a very cool job. On the career side, I'm hoping to manage a theater or dome/convention center someday. So if any of you are big stars, let me know! :big_grin:

SammieRose

Reaction score
I would *love* to be one of the Hollywood elite...

I love acting and singing and my secret dream has always been to be an actress or a voice over artist. But as we all know, face holds a lot of value in acting/singing, and I simply don't have *the* face. Which is fine because it gives me the chance to persue my other dream of heading off to college and studying for a semester in England.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I used to be quite active in both the performance and technical ends of theatre all my four years in high school. [sigh], those were the years.

After school, I took a year off and went to college where I didn't do much acting or singing because I didn't like the group where I was. Fortunately, I found a handful of reputable community theatre groups which I did a number of shows with, and made some of the best friends I have today while working on.

To me, doing theatre is a hobby, and certainly not something that I would persue professionally... no matter how many lead roles might tempt me.

It's been a while since I've actively done anything theatre-related as life has a tendancy to get in the way, but I fully intend on doing some shows again sometime in the future. Perhaps this Spring season is too early, but by next Fall for sure.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all get together and do an Online Muppet Fan Community Theatre production of some sort? Everybody'd be so busy talking Muppets that we'd never get anything done!

radionate

Reaction score
Re: I would *love* to be one of the Hollywood elite...

Originally posted by SammieRose
I love acting and singing and my secret dream has always been to be an actress or a voice over artist. But as we all know, face holds a lot of value in acting/singing, and I simply don't have *the* face. Which is fine because it gives me the chance to persue my other dream of heading off to college and studying for a semester in England.
Don't say that Sammie. Talent and drive are all that matters, not appearances. Some of the greatest actress/singers ever weren't conventional "beauties". Look at Oscar Winners Kathy Bates or Judy Dench. Or Marissa Jaret Winokur who plays Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray on Broadway (whose sure to be nominated for a Tony). I'm sure whatever you set your mind to, you'll go far. By the way, watch your email this week. I finally got my CDs in my car, next stop my office, then your email inbox!

As to the topic of the thread. Theater is a pretty major part of my life these days.

I'm working as an on air DJ for a radio station up in Memphis, and slowly trying to get my foot in the door with some production companies to do voice over work. No matter what, Broadcasting (Radio or TV) will always be my first love.

I've also now taken over as President for our Community Theater Board of Directors.

I've acted in a lot of plays, and am now starting to get into film work as well (there are multiple movies shooting at any given time in the area). I've also been fortunate enough to do some theatrical stuff on Mississippi Public Radio now too.

I'm working with a comedy improv troop too. (and you people wonder why I'm tired all the time).

I'm not aiming to hit it big, the odds of that happening are 1 in a million, but as long as I'm having fun doing it all, and am happy, thats all that matters to me. That and making sure I can pay the bills. And thats what I tell people what matters the most. Having fun with what you do.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Right now I'm studying film and theater in college - I acted all the way through high school, landing a number of leads. Of course, it helped that I was one of about 5 guys who was involved in drama, and I could sing, but that's beside the point. I'd like to think I got in because of my talent, although in my senior year it did seem like I was "auditioning" for a director who already had me cast in a role. I haven't gotten involved here yet, I'm just a college freshman, but I would like to. I just want to get a good grasp on college life first. Next semester I'll be in Disney World on an internship, maybe I'll get to do some performing down there. I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with my life, though that puppetry class is really tempting, and I think that'd be an awesome career - I'd do it if I was sure I could make enough to survive. I don't want to have to live off of my parents forever, and I'm sure they don't want that either. When I get back up here I am going to get into the Minneapolis puppet scene - we had a speaker in my theatre class and he talked about it, and he said he would get me involved in some of the productions, so we'll see where that takes me.....

Jeremy

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Re: I would *love* to be one of the Hollywood elite...

Originally posted by radionate
...or Judy Dench.
Speak for yourself, I think Dame Judi Dench is a beautiful lady. I just love her.

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: I would *love* to be one of the Hollywood elite...

Originally posted by scarecroe
Speak for yourself, I think Dame Judi Dench is a beautiful lady. I just love her.
I do to. She's just not a "conventional" Hollywood beauty. I think she just gets better with age. And such class! There aren't many like her anymore.