Can a DIE-HARD Flintstones fan help me out?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Acctually, Hanna Barbera (spelling?) was going to make a show called The Blackstones, (yeah, I know, real creative name, right) Who were the Flintstones counter parts. Apparently, they were going to make Fred Flintstones into an Archie Bunker type (Which would have made him all the more funny selling Fruity Pebbles), and The Blackstone guy's son was going to date Fred's daughter, which would have made tension between the two. The network didnt think it was a good Idea though. Oh well, LoL, interesting concept though.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
That's a non-sequitor

I never heard of the Blackstones, and from what I have heard the Flintstones were based on the Honeymooners, not All In The Family. However, even if your information is correct, how do The Blackstones connect to Fred's uncle Giggles???

P.S. this is not meant to be mean.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Actually, I'm a little ticked off with tv.com myself. I used to be an editor for TV Tome and once tv.com took over, I lost the ability to edit for the actor I volunteered for. The info I added is still up there, too. However, that was two years ago and I basically don't care anymore. I was never meant to be an editor and just use tv.com as a source for information. *shrug* If you don't want to use the site, you can try something else.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I never heard of the Blackstones, and from what I have heard the Flintstones were based on the Honeymooners, not All In The Family. However, even if your information is correct, how do The Blackstones connect to Fred's uncle Giggles???

P.S. this is not meant to be mean.
Okay, The Flintstones were based on the Honeymooners which was on years before All in the Family. What I I'm talking about is a new show that they came up with after the Flintstones went off the air ( IE The Pebbles and Bam bam show, The Flintstone Comedy show, etc.), and The Blackstones were there Next door Neighbors, which I guess would be sort of like the Jefferson's.

Yes, Fred is based on Ralph Crandon, but they were going to change his personality to be more like Archie Bunker for this show, and him and hie neighbor have trouble getting along. I read this Information form a book all about the history the the Flintstones, and in 1994 Joe Barbara said that he still thinks it's a good Idea, and doesn't see why the Networks don't like it. I think it would have made for an interesting show for the time it was developed.

I believe the book is called "The Flintstones: A Modern Stone Age Phenomenon", and you can find out all you ever wanted to know about The Flintstones.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Interesting idea, but I still don't see the connection. It does shed some light, however on the fact that I never saw any non-white characters on the Flintstones not even among the occasional celebrity guest spots.

Going along the same line, imagine if the Flintstones were brought back today and Michael Jackson (his most recent version of himself) were to do a guest spot. Now that would be a weird ep. :halo:

BTW: It's Ralph Kramden not Crandon.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's just another Ideal for a shoe where they change Fred into a lovable Bigot. LOL! and a African American family moves in next door where the father it as big a jerk, and they don't understand each other/get along. Kind of wired, huh?

Don't know why there weren't any non white characters on the original show, but it's just a cartoon I guess,

Having Micheal Jackson in his current state do a guess spot on a currant version of the show would be a weird episode, But I'm not sure if anybody would want him to guess star on there show.

That's right, thanks for the correct spelling!

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Googled Blackstones

I googled Blackstones on the net. First thing I found was (if you are under 12 don't read the next phrase) a gay bar by that name, which I obviously do not want to go to. Then I found a number of sites about a rock group by that name, then Wikipedia had an article about an English Football team by that name, but no Flintstones connection. It was a good idea though :smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well. It got off the ground, It was just in the development stages. Again, It was just discussed in the book, "The Flintstones: A Modern Stone Age Phenomenon", and I think it was in the section with pilot ideas that never made it to TV.