Captain Kangaroo's Passing

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Zelda Rose said:
:cry:
Jim Henson
Mr. Rodgers
Capt. Kangaroo/Clarabell The clown (Bob K. was the first Clarabell the clown for those who did't know it)
Bob Hope
Sammy Davis Jr.
Elvis
Barry White

I know, a strange mix, but this was a lot of my childhood. I'm sure that there are about a hundred people that I missed, but at this time these names were all I could think of............but when The Capt. died........that was really and truly the end of my childhood. :cry:

you must of really been sad when Sammy and Jim died to gether on the same day 1hr:16 mins apart

Rowlf the dog

Reaction score
Baby Rowlf said:
This hurts. This really really hurts. Not only did I grow up watching Captain Kangaroo when I was young, but my mother was the animal handler for the show in the early 60s, and was very close to the entire cast.

Ah well. I guess it all evens out. My mom's dead too, so I guess they can meet up again on the other side.

It sucks though because it's times like this that I really wish she was still alive.
Look I wrote to "Baby Rowlf" and asked that he respond to me but he did not, so here is what I feel compelled to let everyone know. If exposing him seems cruel I am sorry but this woman is alive and deserves to be recognized. I am an email acquaintance of Ruth Manecke, who was the zoologist on Captain Kangaroo for it's entire run. I gave Rowlf Baby the chance to retract his statement on his own, alas he did not do so nor did he have the courtesy to reply to my private message to him so; I wrote to Ruth Manecke to let her know that her son was sad that she too had died and this is her reply from the grave.
Rowlf the dog

Quote:
"I am fine and running a successful animal agency. All creatures great and small. Please look us up at www.animalagent.com. You will see current photos. I can't imagine who they are referring to, as I was the staff zoologist for over 30 years. Ruth Manecke"
12/11/04

beforemyway

Reaction score
Oh gosh! that is soooo sad!!! my dad loved this show.. I don't remember him to well, but I watched him a few times.. good memories..