Cars 2

Disney

Reaction score
Hey guys, have you heard about the new Disney/Pixar film Cars 2? I'm here on behalf of Disney, and I want to spread the word about our new film. It's being directed by John Lasseter, who is famous for his work on many of the other Pixar classics. I have some concept art for you guys here. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

:smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I don't care what anybody says, I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie next summer. Sure, Cars is on the weaker side of the chain for Pixar films but I get a feeling this one is going to be a lot better than the first. Pixar has done 11 perfect movies, this one will hopefully not break their consistency.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Cars, but I know the animation will be superb so it's on my list. The following year's Monsters Inc is more my taste, but I hope to see more original ideas from Pixar. We have enough reboots and sequels in the theaters. Pixar used to be the safe haven from that (aside from the great Toy Story movies, of course).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, even though I'm not really all that excited by the plot (sounds more like one from the comics or the short Cars cartoons), I've never turned down Pixar yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I take it back... I'm turnin' this one down.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'll admit, I don't really care for Cars, but I don't hate it. PIXAR knows what they're doing, so I trust them that hopefull this won't end up like an hour and a half "CarToon" short.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want to believe that too, but tell you the truth, this doesn't look like something Pixar would do. In fact, it almost looks like something Pixar would stop someone ELSE from doing. The whole secret spy angle seems ripe for Saturday Morning Cars animated series or comic book story arc, but it doesn't fit for a 90 minute movie... other than the racing theme, it doesn't even seem like Cars. Plus, the whole racing to stop some evil guy from doing something... isn't that, like, Speed Racer? I mean a secret spy parody movie sounds cute, but it doesn't seem to fit in at all with the characters, the first film, or Pixar's high standards. it would be like making Wall*E 2 and having him fight ghosts or Monsters Inc 2 where they have a successful Jam business and parody Wall Street somehow.

To me the ideal Cars sequel would go something more like this:

Years have passed, Radiator Springs is a Boom Town... Doc Hudson passed on years ago, Lightning retired and now resides there, keeping the memories of Doc and racing alive. A young new racer enters the field and he's TERRIBLE at it. People actually hate him and he rethinks his lot in life. Lightning takes pity on the kid, and mentor's him. Meanwhile a big shot racing promoter sees unfortunate potential in the kid, taking him under his wing under promises of wealth and fame. Of course, what the younger car doesn't realize is that the big promoter hired him BECAUSE of his losing streak, betting against him and fixing the races.

Something sort of like that. That seems to be more of how Pixar would tell the story. This almost seems, dare I say, Pre-Over the Hedge Dreamworks. I'm sure it may be good... but this one really seems to be for the youngest Cars fans...

Mupp

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, I loved Cars and I'm looking forward to this. This looks like it will be a fun film.

This is Pixar, they will not allow a film to get released if it has story problems.
Pixar does not just make films for kids, there is always something that everyone can enjoy.

I have faith in any project that John Lasseter is associated with.

Disney

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, I loved Cars and I'm looking forward to this. This looks like it will be a fun film.

This is Pixar, they will not allow a film to get released if it has story problems.
Pixar does not just make films for kids, there is always something that everyone can enjoy.

I have faith in any project that John Lasseter is associated with.
Awesome, great to hear. We just released the movie poster for Cars 2, as well as a new image from the film. Check it out here, and let me know what you think. Thanks.