Cars Sidequel/Spinoff "Planes" Coming Soon

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH. Two things...

First, I was right about the Disney Store merchandise... they only had a decent sized chunk on the wall, but you just know that's gonna change.

Secondly... well....I think I have new reasons for wanting this film to fail...

Really?!?! A Boats movie and a Trains movie? Jeez. Just make an animated TV show called "Arrogant Hot Shot Talking Vehicles that Learn a Lesson in Humility" and be done with it.

Really... Oh no... let's kill production on DTV cheapquels... as long as they aren't in the Cars universe. :rolleyes:

Just make a freaking sequel to Wreck it Ralph already!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Did they really announce a Train and Boat movie? I've been joking about that since Cars came out! Is this for real? Disney, HAVE YOU LOST YO' MIND?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully the August release date will prove history right, and this film will fall hard. I'm really rooting for the Smurfs to completely mow over that competition.

Worst case scenario if Smurfs does well, there's a third movie, but Papercutz will continue to reprint the original Belgian comics in English. If Planes does well, we're looking at at least 3 movies of each and a crappy Chugginton Station ripoff.

galagr

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder if that dead cow they keep on milking is starting to stink. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cars 2 didn't sell as much merchandise as they thought it would. And yet, they still push it very hard. They want it to be their boys franchise above all else (YES! Even Marvel, which people like a lot more anyway). But then again, boys like cars. They did sell out for weeks, months even the first film.

But I dunno about planes. Do kids like planes at all? I remember the bonus feature on the first season of Transformers and the toy developers made the initial Autobots all cars/Trucks because kids were familiar with riding in cars and playing with them, and they made most of the initial Decepticons out of the planes as kids weren't as familiar with flying on planes or playing with them/

Trains? kids love trains a lot, but there isn't exactly a huge gap in the market on that one. Between Thomas and Chuggington, there's enough Arrogant talking trains learning lessons to go around.