Cartoon Network Greenlights Two Series

Drtooth

Reaction score
An Adventure Time storyboard artist getting their own show. That's continuing CN's grand tradition of having new shows by existing talent. Don't see anything different than ever before. Regular Show and Adventure Time were both ideas from former Misadventures of Flapjack staff members (ditto Disney's Gravity Falls... the creator of Flapjack even has a recurring voice acting bit on it). I'm sure someone who works on that will get their own series as well.

But here are the things to consider:

• These are both CARTOONS. Something CN desperately needs more of, considering they finally got the network back to focusing on what it's really about.
  • These are both original cartoons. Nothing based on movies, toys, comics, or worst of all, 5-10 year old internet things that lost their charm 2 years after they premiered if they had any charm at all.
  • They can't rerun reruns forever. People need to work, new shows need to be made. It's not replacing something that's been long since canceled.
  • Nickelodeon WISHES it was this confident in animation. Now it's the "Meg" of children's networks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem I have with CN's new shows is they preomo them as crap that makes me hate on them. Some end up being awful additions like the Problem Solvers, Fort Awesome, or Robot Academy that thankfully end up getting yanked. I got onboard with Adventure Time and Regular Show which have become bread-and-butter stables, so much so that Regular Show's now in the 7 AM slot on most weekday mornings. Annoying Orange's a perfect example that the promo made me go 'yech' but watching it has grown on me.

They still have Level Up as their lone live programming "hit", as it's gone to what they might title a "Season 2" in terms of episodes.

Another thing that makes sense is that CN shuts down at 9 PM for Adult Swim, which is why Clone Wars is being hyped with "a brand new time".

And then there's the fact CN staggers their lineup...
Mondays are their original fifteen-minute programs.
Tuesday it's Gumball, Dreamworks' How To Train Your Dragons series, and Level Up.
Wednesdays are Ninja-Go, maybe they should make a play for whatever that Hero Factory series was to pair up the two into a block.
Thursdays is their repeats night, mainly for Adventure Time and now Mad will be shifted there with new episodes.
Friday is their action night with repeats of Ninja-Go and Dragons.

The one thing I'd wish so fervently is they drop Johnny Test. *Shrugs, walks out of thread.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another thing that makes sense is that CN shuts down at 9 PM for Adult Swim, which is why Clone Wars is being hyped with "a brand new time".
For King of the Hill. Meme Fountain aside, KOTH has NO RIGHT being on Adult Swim. It's an FX or local syndication show. If they need to put on a Fox show, how about classic Simpsons episodes up until the 10th season. Those desperately need to be rerun. They don't even get play on local syndication anymore.

Still, 9 SHOULD be for Non-AS programming.

The one thing I'd wish so fervently is they drop Johnny Test. *Shrugs, walks out of thread.
7-10 year olds supposedly love it. But it's a show that was only pretty good at best, and that's when WB was producing it. Now, it's a cheap to produce Flash animated show, and since it's done in Canada they (Cookie Jar) probably get Tax Credit for making it. That makes it even cheaper to produce.

So, like.... did they dump Looney Tunes Show? That really needs a second season. I know they're thinking of dumping new Thundercats, but I blame that on BanDai's overpriced toyline. 20 bucks for a Classic Lion-O? Outrageous.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno about Looney Tunes Show, it's getting re-aired at 3 PM now following a full block of Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated at 2 PM.
*Waiting for that to get on with the planispheric disc's doomsday Nabiru prophecy.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wasn't the Looney Tunes Show already in its second season? Or am I thinking of something else instead?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems like The Looney Tunes Show's been around longer than that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't the Looney Tunes Show already in its second season? Or am I thinking of something else instead?
26 episodes = one season. They've aired 26 episodes. There aren't any plans that I know of for a second season, even though the ratings are good. Hopefully it doesn't get almost screwed like Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated did. That almost ended with a cliffhanger.

Worst part is, they actually have Looney Tunes show merchandise now. The designs actually look good in toy form.

I hope if it does get a second season, they retool it to have more slapstick in it. Point, Laser, Point was a great episode because it remembered what Looney Tunes humor should be. That and the early episode where they're at the resort and Daffy keeps getting beat up by Starlett Johanssen's body guard.

I mean, really... while it has as many episodes as Loonatics Unleashed, it CERTAINLY deserves a second season more than that thing.