Cartoon shows that didn't make it

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about "Jurassic Park" (1994) and "Wonder Woman & The Star Riders" (1993)? They didn't make it on TV. Don't forget "Wacko Willie" (Late 80's).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, there is the circa 1989 X-Men pilot called "Pryde of the X-Men"
(Not too bad of a cartoon if you can get over Wolverine's Aussie accent)

Of course, that cartoon has been released on video and animation-wise, it fits in pretty nicely with the style of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

And keeping on superhero cartoons, there's also the Swamp Thing cartoon. This one actually made it as a series, but lasted for only 5 episodes in 1990. I've got them all on the officially released DVD. I remember watching this a lot as a child- it seems like it lasted for more than just 5 episodes!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._1_5/102-0350971-4916115?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

And there's also the infamous Garbage Pail Kids cartoon, which did air all around the world, but for the most part DID NOT air in America. (I have heard some people tell me they used to watch it in the US- so I am not positive on this) Anyway, concerned that the cartoon would be as nasty as the trading cards, a letter campaign helped stop CBS from ever airing the cartoon in the US. But it was aired in foreign markets and I do recall seeing it as a child. And now everyone can see it because it's out on DVD!!! (Which I had to get just for the sheer rarity of it- and because I liked the cartoon- it wasn't nearly as bad as people thought it would be- it actually tried to have some good morals even!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._1_2/102-0350971-4916115?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

That's all I can think of right now....:crazy:

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to tell you all a story about several cartoon shows that were being developed, but never aired on television:

Rah Rah Woozy ( also known asWoozy State)
The last cartoon pilot developed by Jay Ward of Bullwinkle fame. It featured a college football team starring various animals (I can't specifically name them now, but I intend on doing so late). Jay was a big fan of college football, so naturally he wanted to make a show about it. The pilot was developed and filmed, but never sold. In fact, a 1980 proposition called "The New Bullwinkle show" was to have had this as a feature.
Something sounds familiar about this title, but I can't trust my memory on it... :sympathy:

Marsupilami
You may be familiar with the 1993 Disney version that was featured in Raw Toonage. However, the character had been around since the 60's, as a Belgian comic strip (much like the Smurfs). Either a Pilot or a series Bible (animation term for a book describing the characters, plots, and settings) was produced by Marvel back in 1983. (In case you're wondering, a new Marsupilami show aired in Europe in 2002, and unlike Disney's version, he wasn't the only Marsupilami in existance) This was written by the king of 1980's cartoon scripts, Jeffery Scott....
Now this I definitely remember. ^_^ I watched this show only maybe a few times, but I remember loving it. Too bad it got cancelled. :frown:

But let's get back to usless Muppet Babies ripoffs.
Disney Babies
Apparently they were trying to make money off of the baby fad by making Mickey et al toddlers. Though the idea surfaced as a number of products and apparel, a show was thankfully never produced.
Speaking of Disney babies and merchandise, I have a baby Minnie and Daisy. I'm not sure where they are, but they're most likely in my sister's bedroom closet. ^_^;

G-MAN

Reaction score
Anyone remember the old show "Space Cats"?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Almost nobody but me seems to remember "Gilligan's Planet." The castaways from GI get onto a rocket ship and get stranded AGAIN in outer space!

Also, I heard a couple of years ago that there was a planned Spaceballs animated series. Unless they're still planning to get this off the ground, I'll assume it fits into this thread.

whatashambles

Reaction score
There was a show called God the devil and bob that got cancelled because of moaning religious people.

It was good.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
I could've sworn that I edited that last post I made, but adding this question... :confused: Guess I might as well put it now: Has anyone heard of or seen the animated series of Sam and Max?

I've seen the beginning bit of one episode, and I must say it was weird and quite likely to be considered "gross", but funny. Besides that, I remember only playing the game(s?). But I'm not sure if the series made a lot of eps or not. :sympathy:

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
whatashambles said:
There was a show called God the devil and bob that got cancelled because of moaning religious people.

It was good.
I think I might have heard that title somewhere, but I can't trust my memory to it.

PS: Sorry for double-posting. :embarrassed:

whatashambles

Reaction score
it was good....simpsons style comedy just not really as good. Good plot though i thought, funny characters, good voice work. Ruined by overly stupid letter writing crazy religious fanatics.