Cartoons can't smoke no more

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I appreciated Fat Albert for dealing with real issues in the real world that Kids do deal with and helping then deal and cope with them.

But television is just in over exaggeration of real life, so it often glorifies things with no consequences and that does worried parents. But I Personally take TV with a grain of salt. Especially Cartons where people fall off cliffs and live the next second with a scratch. But to repeat, yeah, parents need to do there job to explaining to their Chaldean the difference between reality and fiction. Just my two cents.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I adore Fat Albert! They weren't afraid of addressing anything. And being brutally honest about it. As Bill once said, "It's a shame some people have to be struck by lighting to get out of the dark." :smile:

Yeah I do think it's true that kids (and some adults heh) can confuse TV and real life. And it's up to the parents to set things straight.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I do think it's true that kids (and some adults heh) can confuse TV and real life. And it's up to the parents to set things straight.

There's nothing wrong with rehashing lines you hear on TV like a horrible office comic... but if you put on a cape and jump out your window, don't expect to fly...

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
One of my favorite Flash cartoons, which has it's own Wiki, has an entire page about when characters smoke on it. This show I'm talking about is Homestar Runner. Here's the link to the smoking page, and tell me what you think.
http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Smoking

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, well I love the idea of smoking PSAs! We need more of those.

But it's the same discussion again, the idea that banning smoking from kids shows is going to solve the problem is highly doubtful. It's not attacking the larger issues.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Parents of South Park: "We must blame them and cause a fuss before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

Tell it like it is! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hmm, well I love the idea of smoking PSAs! We need more of those.

But it's the same discussion again, the idea that banning smoking from kids shows is going to solve the problem is highly doubtful. It's not attacking the larger issues.
That's true! But you don't want to encourage it. Plus there are people who will point the finger at them instead of parenting. But there trying to please these people and look good to them. They don't want to offend, you know?

Nothings about having character anymore.