Cavorting

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ed--I am hopelessly organizationally challenged. I simply run at one-hundred-and-eleventeen to make up for it, so I am probably not the best one to ask. In general, I'd say it runs something like this:

The Neverending Opus
Kermie's Girl (which will, in fact, end one day. I know this because I have chunks of that written, but we're not there yet.)

The Chapter Books
A Pig Out of Water
Somebody's Getting Married
Getting Swamped
Wearing O' The Green
Err-A-Parent

Sectioned Stories
Can't Help Loving That Frog of Mine
Muppet Halloween: That's the Spirit!
LeapFrog!
A Cure for the Common Valentine
Cheeky Frog
Picking up the Pieces (which will be finished one day!)

One-Shots & Everything Else
That's Some Pig* (Get a Room)
Fancy Footwork*
You're Not the Boss of Me
Hey there gorgeous
Wrapping Up
The Party of the First Part
The Party of the Second Part
After the Interview: Backstage at the Late Late Show
Scrooge Revisited
Cold Flippers, Warm Heart
Purely Ornamental (One Size Fits Snug)
What an angel
Yes D.E.A.R. Drop Everything and Read
It's a Wonderful Count
DC Almost Alive and Well (which I will finish before the Sprouse twins are grandparents—promise!)
Poetry:
Rainbow Ode

*These are sortof cheating because they are actually "future exerpts" from Kermie's Girl--things that I've already written but haven't happened in the timeline, yet. Several things have changed since I wrote them, however, so they will at least appear in an altered form down the road.

I hope that helps a little.

*Sheesh* It's finally happened--I'm muffining my OWN THREAD! Hahahaha! (maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good, then that's how I'll reshuffle your required readings. *Hopes to get more than just an extra lump of coal for the furnace after all this bookkeeping. :shifty:

Wait, where does Cavorting... It'll go into the oneshots category then. Thanks for posting Aunt Ru.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Um...hey guys. I'm completely wrapped around the axel and not quite able to break free from papers yet.

I don't have a whole story. I do have more of, er, (blush) this stuff.

Are you interested in another little plotless, um, romp (Well, not completely plotless! And not a complete romp either--LOL!) while I'm gearing up the next wedge of Kermie's Girl? I have one called Chase/Lounge that's kindof fun. (At least, I had fun writing it....)

miss muppet

Reaction score
Cool if you do have more of ahem that stuff post it I just love the romantic connection with those two

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
As always, I would love to read more of your work-and I always love a little more frog/pig snuggling in the world! Please post soon! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
You know what amazes me, Ru? Your ability to find fragments of a big huge story that stand alone all by themselves just fine... like this. Or "Fancy Footwork," which happens to be one of my favorites of your stories. (I should re-read that. And Pig Out of Water... Love that one.)

You call this a story fragment, but it stands as a story quite well. It has a beginning, a middle, an end... And the conclusion is more than satisfactory. (Even if we don't get to see the climax... of the story, I mean, of course. :halo: )

All that said, I have to say that I enjoyed this story from the moment I saw the title. I immediately thought, "Cavort, cavort, cavort, cavort!" and then, "Cavorting, right?" "Well... actually, cavorting wrong." And then I saw that it was written by YOU, and I was just thrilled.

Another thing I like about your writing (because I haven't replied to any of your writing in ages, and I feel like heaping praise at your feet today) is how you write Kermit. He's still the same sweet, sensitive, wonderful, caring frog we all know and love... but he's also, y'know... a male. With hormones. And a snarky side. And a body that doesn't always entirely obey his brain. You strike just the right balance of those two pieces of his personality. (You're also fantastic at writing him when he reaches the end of his line and goes into arm-waving frenzy. I realize that has nothing to do with this story, but like I said, I haven't showered you with rightfully-earned praise in a while.)

And having said all of THAT... I entirely understand when the creative mind just refuses to cooperate and tell a specific story in a logical order. I look forward to reading anything your creative juices are prepared to brew.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Hear, hear!

You do fragments better than I do fics. Bring it on! :smile:
---------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Well, this one is homeless, so I'll post it here just so it won't feel lonely. This one is called, "Healing," and while it doesn't have a specific place in KG, you can see that the emotion pouring off of it is fueled by what is happening to them in that story.

Healing

Piggy took one look at Kermit’s dejected figure and her heart felt like it might swell to bursting. That anyone could hurt him like this! That anyone could do this to him without knowing what a wonderful, compassionate, loving amphibian he really was set her temper to boiling. She walked over and put her soft, satin-gloved hand on the back of his neck. When he looked up, she kissed him.
Kermit had, in his time, withstood some of the most impassioned kisses the planet was likely to recognize. This wasn’t one of those, but the knowingness of this kiss unseated him, made him tremble from head to toe. Piggy was here—Piggy who loved him and cherished him and who had wrapped herself around him with unconquerable love a thousand thousand times before. Kermit surged into her embrace, his lips answering hers blindly.
She kissed him and pressed against him while her hands took him through a slow strip-tease, pulling and tugging and easing his clothes away—not in a frenzy, but at a pace to suggest that Piggy was prepared to lay in supplies and settle down for the long haul, loving him as long as was necessary and as thoroughly as she was able. Kermit seemed numb, overwhelmed and compass-less, but Piggy was patient with him, and once she began to remove her own clothes, Kermit seemed to remember how this was done and enter into the spirit of the thing.
“Oh, ooh, Piggy,” Kermit murmured, as she nuzzled the underside of his neck. “Oh, Sweetie—sweetie—“ He gasped, instinctively pulling her closer, and though Piggy would have sworn she was as close as she could get without them merging into one person, she somehow managed to wedge herself more tightly along his length. Her tongue was wrestling with his but in a way that suggested recreation, not domination, although Kermit would have willingly succumbed to almost anything she wanted to do to him. It dawned on him a moment later that she might think of things he hadn’t yet, and his arms reached out and grasped her tightly. “Yes,” he murmured. “Yes, Sweetie—yes!”
And Piggy, who seemed to know almost everything about him, somehow understood what he was offering, what he truly wanted, and enfolded him in her warm embrace.

“So…married life,” said Rowlf, pulling a little at his collar. “You recommend it?” He stared at his plate to avoid looking at Kermit.
Kermit’s cheeks might have colored a little, but his voice was surprisingly firm. “Oh yeah,” he said casually. “Married life...it's good.”