1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Censorship

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MrsPepper, Aug 3, 2008.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... You do have the option of "removing this member from your Ignore list" if you rully want to see the post they just made. Though a better choice is to simply go to that user's profile and click on the "Find All Posts" link, but that'll only give you the first few lines.

Just tossing out some things that I've used in the past for monitoring posts. Stay frosty gang.

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Me, too; along with Charles Schulz.

I'd be a Henschulzologist.

3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Maybe when people say "Jesus H. Christ", the H is for Henson.

4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:) I am a longtime member of the Kermit Kult (but I draw the line at eating flies). Yuckkka :o

5. Fozzie Bear

Ha ha!

I tried the Kermit Kult for a while, but it gave me warts.
    :zany:

By the way, this was part of an e-mail I got today about signature picture sizes:

An example of 'no discussion allowed' forums. Eek.

6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I see what you mean.

7. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

LOL!I don't blame you!:p

8. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

This thread has been catching my eye for a while now, so I finally sat down and read it, and I figured I'd throw in a few comments of my own.

1.) I love the fact that this thread was NOT instantly deleted, but has continued as an open, peaceful discussion with a touch of constructful criticism and just the right amount of humor. MC is really, for all intents and purposes, the only forum I belong to, and I haven't really taken the time to look at many other forums... but I feel like some of the posts in this thread could ONLY happen on a Muppet fan forum. (And not just because of the Muppet-reference jokes.) Then again, I may be biased. I probably am biased. But I digress.

2.) Foz, you rock my socks off. And that's quite talented, considering I haven't even put any socks on in the past two days. :p

3.) I have a friend who, upon hearing that I'm a Muppet fan, told me that Jim Henson is her religion.

...Yeah that's all I've got. Thanks for a nice, interesting thread for me to read and stop thinking about how much my mouth hurts from getting my wisdom teeth out! ...Dang it, I just reminded myself. Time to read another thread...

9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Ah... der Lisa. I suggest you read through the ones posted/created by RedPiggy found in Fanfiction.

*Subtle plug.
    *Plugs lights into the socket.
    Crazy Harry play with eletricity!

10. Fozzie Bear

That's gotta be heck on your toes! Ouch! :)

Hope everything is okay after the wisdom teeth thing. I had that done -- 4 out at once! -- and it was not a lovely time!

Tomorrow, one of my best friends is having that done as well, all 4 at once.

:D <-- wonder if he still has HIS wisdom teeth.

11. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

All he has are wisdom teeth!

12. I like this thread, and all the responses so far. Just have to say that this is the BEST forum regarding positive posts and no junk, and that's probably due to "over moderation" by the mods, which is OK in my book since it keeps the forum nice and friendly. I've been guilty of getting passionate in the past (like the infamous muppet replica puppets thread,) but have had several comments on different topics deleted for reasons I still can't understand. I like Count's point, that if all mods could edit a comment and give the reason why, then at least we can begin to understand why that commented was deleted .... even if we don't agree. That's a lot better than just having no idea what I should or should not say. I don't even touch general discussion or off topic sections of this site, as I don't want my passion for politics or anything else to taint my reputation on this site as first and foremost a huge Muppet fan! politics and muppets? don't mix in my book, there's lots of sites for that, but that's just me.

Most importantly, thanks to the mods for all their hard work over the years. Very much appreciated.

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I hear ya man!

14. Fozzie Bear

Vic, dude, you're absolutely right!

Kevin the Frog, thanks for the information.

=======
    8/16/08 update:
    I'm going to check the rules on other message boards and see what they state about moderation and suggest that to Phil.

There should be no arguing on a Muppets fan forum. It's just silly, and for a discussion to turn to that as a possibility is why moderation and editing and deletions must occur. This is in response to the DC Studio Almost Live opinion thread where two more threads posted creating 3 threads about the topic.

This is becoming unfun for me.