Change of Address brings tears to my eyes

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
I recently watched the Fraggle Rock episode Change of Address, and I was in tears by the end of the episode. That episode seems very sad. I remember I watched it for the first time when I was 7 years old, and no matter how many times I watch it, it always seems just as sad. The part that gets me choked up the most is when Gobo pushes the stop button on the tape recorder Doc has left for him and says "Oh Doc...... you weren't supposed to leave the Magic" and the sad music starts playing. That always gets me crying for some reason. I have to ask all of you, does this episode do this to any of you. What other Fraggle Rock moments have made you cry? :smirk: :smirk:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Change of Address" is a very moving episode, no doubt, especially when you have an understanding of the history of the characters. It's probably the best Henson finale to a series they ever did. Jerry and Susan Juhl did a masterful job on the script. "Petals of a Rose" is a beautiful song and sets the stage for the entire episode.

Petals of a Rose

Ain't it just the way it goes?
We pull the petals off the rose.
We never say hello to stay.
We always say good-bye.
We always say good-bye.

And ain't it just the way it seems?
We pull the petals off our dreams.
Our hearts can say we're here to stay,
But we always say good-bye.
We always say good-bye.

Weep for the day when a new friend comes your way.
Weep while you play for your friend will make you cry.
Weep for the night when he journeys out of sight.
Friends always tell you good-bye.
Friends always tell you good-bye.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I ALWAYS Cry! Right after the stop botton and when they are walking and I think Red says "The silly Creature might have left, but we never would" Wembley "Yeah We couldn't leave you"
Gobo "wait a minut. What was it the Trasheap said I should say to the silly creature?"
Boober "Um...That he musn't leave"
Gobo "no, not musn't, can not!"
Mokey "Yes, that you cannot leave the magic"
Gobo "Than she said we were magic, he can leave us and we cant leave him, maybe im not to late after all"
This is the part!
Wembley "Hey, I, I never saw that tunnel before"
"Magic, magic be with you......"

Also
Doc "if we wanted there to be a fraggle hole behind that card board box, well, who knows?"
Gobo pushes it!

It really gets me when the Gorgs come out and sing....
Jr. "Dance yow caws away, hahaha"
Ma. "Worries for another day"
Pa. "let the music play"
Everybody "Down at Fraggle Rock" :excited:

sheesh

Reaction score
Was this episode discussed the last one ever? i cant believe i've never seen it! would probably cry buckets by the sound of it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
It is a very touching episode. :frown: It is one of the best Henson endings of all time, and has become one of my favorite episodes.

Foodie

Reaction score
* agrees * They really touched on something amazing with that one.

Nick :smirk:

christyb

Reaction score
You know what. It's been so long since I've seen that one that I can't remember it at all. I used to love fraggle rock though. Guess I'm gonna hafta start collecting Fraggle Rock now huh??

beaker

Reaction score
I said it in late 1998 on here, and I'll say it again. Every time I see that final Fraggle episode I openly cry. I mean man...it's like a moment out of time. Anyone who is cynical about Fraggle Rock needs to see that episode, it's powerful. The song 'Magic Be With You', again wow. I feel bad for kids who grew up in the 90's or the present without thsi great show.