Change of Heart

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
My intrigue is still definitely peaked. I hope Piggy and Kermit patch things up, but i'm definitely excited to see what happens along the way.

Keep up the great work and have a good weekend!:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does anyone remember who started the CLifford light thing? I wanna say Prawnie, but I don't know...It's just so Clifford I love it.

Gonzo's trick was...intense :stick_out_tongue: I am a huge fan of jugged hare...so juggled pinneapple is just the next step.

Piggy...Now, THAT is an intrigue. Something that won't need a job, but will be staying forever...My my MY! I think the word "Muffin" does not just apply to people posting randomly in threads here...

Bea:zany:{I've never tried jugged hare....}regard

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Does anyone remember who started the CLifford light thing? I wanna say Prawnie, but I don't know...It's just so Clifford I love it.
I'm... pretty sure that was me. :halo:

More to come sometime today. Or, tomorrow morning-ish. But hopefully today.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Three

“Maybe it’s a pet,” Fozzie said speculatively as the Muppets gathered for breakfast a few days later.

“Maybe what’s a pet?” Kermit asked.

“The person Piggy’s bringing,” Fozzie said, and he started counting off on his fingers. “They don’t need a job, she’s bringing its bed, and it’ll stay as long as Piggy stays.”

Kermit thought about it and shrugged. “It could be a pet.”

“Oh, no,” Floyd moaned. “Not another Foo Foo!”

The Muppets moaned collectively, some of them shuddering. Kermit shook his head, his face well-scrunched.

“Hey, guys,” Rizzo said, peering out the window. “Is it my imagination, or—“

“It’s your imagination,” Clifford said.

“Yup! Just a figment of your imagination,” Gonzo said dramatically, his eyelids raised painfully high.

Rizzo sighed with a shake of his head. “Is-it-my-imagination-or are dere reporters on our lawn?”

The Muppets turned to face the windows.

“Looks like reporters to me,” Rowlf growled softly as he looked out over Rizzo’s head.

See? It’s not my imagination!”

Kermit frowned as he went to the window. “Why are they here?” he wondered aloud.

“BOSS! BAD NEWS!” Scooter shouted as he shot down the stairs, cradling his laptop in his arm and gripping a cable in his hand.

“I can see that!” Kermit said as he hurried to the family room, where Scooter was already attaching the cable to the TV. “But what is it?”

“The tabloids found Piggy!” Scooter said as he snatched the remote and punched a few quick buttons. The screen turned blue.

“So, what else is new?” Floyd asked.

Scooter put his laptop in his lap, opened it, and made a few quick keystrokes.

The television screen immediately showed a tabloid article with an accompanying picture of Miss Piggy, allegedly taken the day before. She was looking away from the camera—apparently oblivious to it—walking out of some anonymous restroom, all in black with a remarkably round stomach.

“Dios mio, She’s PREGNANT!” Pepe burst. “Wait… She’s preg—“

“Let’s not jump to conclusions,” Bunsen said patiently. “It is possible that she simply has gained weight.”

“And gained it all on her front side?” Clifford said dryly, and he shook his head. “Naw, man. That is a very pregnant pig.”

“When did she get pregnant?”

How did she get pregnant?”

“Dios mio, h’I am not having de talk wit’ jou h’about de birds h’and de bees, hokay.”

“Birds and bees nuthin’! This is a pig and a—“

“Who’s the father?”

“Yeah, who is the—“

“Hey Kermit, you know anything about this?”

“Johnny Fiama wants to know if you know anything about—“

Sal, and everyone else, looked at Kermit.

“…Never mind,” the monkey mumbled.

The frog was very still, his face ashen and dull. “…No,” he said quietly. “I don’t.” He stared at the screen for a long, silent moment, and then turned away and walked up the stairs.

Fozzie took his hat off, staring after the frog. “This isn’t good,” he said quietly.

“Nope,” Rowlf said softly.

“Should we go talk to him?” Fozzie asked.

They listened as Kermit’s bedroom door closed.

“Not yet,” Rowlf said. “Let him digest it.”

“Speakin’ of digestion, I’m getting’ back to breakfast!” Rizzo declared, and he scurried back to the kitchen while the rest of the Muppets scrutinized the speculations in the article.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Kermit sat on his bed, staring out the window.

…Miss Piggy was pregnant?

His head hurt. Suddenly the entire conversation of the other day sounded completely different. When she came home, she wouldn’t be alone… She didn’t know how long the ‘other person’ would stay… But probably as long as she stayed… And she had laughed about the job. The ‘other person’ wouldn’t need a job… For a while, at least… And they would bring everything the ‘other person’ would need…

As long as she stayed… Would she be leaving soon? To be with—whoever the father was…

Why didn’t he know?

She had obviously been, well—intimate with someone… And he had no idea—Why didn’t he even have a guess of who had—had—…who had—

SHEESH, why did it bother him so much? It wasn’t even his business! He snatched the small framed picture of her from his nightstand and shoved it into the top drawer. Then he dropped his head into his hands and sighed down at the carpet.

He felt so deeply bitter. Bitter, bitter to the core. Forgotten. Cast aside. Left behind.

Hadn’t she always loved him?

…And he had never done anything to deserve, or to return, that love. That she had, apparently, given it to someone else now… should not have surprised him, should not have hurt, should not have stung, should not have left him bitter, and should not have made him miserable with the fact that he had no way to contact her and would not see her again for at least another month

…But sheesh, it sure did.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! TOO funny there at the begining! Pepe! Gonzo! RIZZO! Clifford! Everyone! That was just AWESOME! SO good to see you writing random Muppet convos again!

Yet this IS you we're talking about Lisa... and you DO have to wring our hearts with Kermit there at the end... Bitter, bitter, bitter...

PIGGY WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? ! ?

I must know! MORE PLEASE! ! ! !

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
*jawdrop*

Piggy's... OMG... I can't... ... OMG...

... OMG.

~ OMG--er, AnimatedC

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, yes, yes, of COURSE you are! You're the funny half. I'm the morbidly-depressing-please-hold-still-while-I-pull-your-heart-out-and-rip-it-to-shreds-and-stomp-it-in-the-dirt half. <Ahem> I do SO love the latest chapter of WAD.

Leyla

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm... iiiiiiiinteresting.

Methinks someone is being tricksome.

Not that I'd put this past Lisa, nope. Not for a minute.

Know her too well.