characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

petrieboy

Reaction score
Clifford..

Clifford bugs me. Elmo's a cutie. I think Muppets Tonite would have been a lot more popular if Kermit had hosted. Clifford was like an annoying Arsenio Hall, and that's saying something.
Piggy is my favorite. Pepe is the best newer character they've found. With all this controversy about who was supposed to appear on the special... does anyone remember the Muppets Tonite episode where Billy Crystal ate dinner with Piggy and she started having a sneezing attack, as opposed to a fake orgasm? I was at college when that one came on... I used to play it on the giant screen at our school for all the students to come in and watch--- and we were speechless and shocked. Someone yelled out "This is the Muppets???"
I couldnt help bursting out in laughter, though I felt a bit taken back (aback?)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: Clifford..

Originally posted by petrieboy
Clifford bugs me. Elmo's a cutie. I think Muppets Tonite would have been a lot more popular if Kermit had hosted. Clifford was like an annoying Arsenio Hall, and that's saying something.
This is the way alot of people think nowadays. They don't want to get into the newer brude of Muppets, they want the old hands. Now, all the stars and planets know I am an old school Muppet fan, and of COURSE I want the old characters. Heck, I'd be content living in a perpetual period from 1969-1989, just for the Muppets. But, the key factors persist, and they are that most of the original cast is gone, new people are taking over old characters, and things, as nature demands, are changing, as they always will be. So with these facts, I think this; it is better to have new, fresh faces on the shows with new personalities, than to have the classics done with new puppeteers and immitation voices. Not to say the newer guys are doing a bad job, because they aren't. I'm just saying, let nature take its course, let the new characters get settled in, and let us all pray for the original brilliance of the Muppets to come out in these characters. So, lay off ol' Cliffy, he's a good guy. His dreads are awesome too. :big_grin:

Please return to your regularly scheduled on-topic posting. :big_grin:

-Matt

petrieboy

Reaction score
No one is getting rid, or slowly and slyly wheeling out the pig, the frog, the bear, the dog, the animal or the weirdo. The day they do that we are in big trouble. I welcome new additions, but without the original cast, new voices or old, the Muppets are not the Muppets. It would be more blasphemous to get rid of them than to have new voices fill in. Pepe is a charmer. I also enjoyed the mad surgeon from Muppets From Space (who previously blew bubbles out of his head??) But these are mostly side characters. They can have as many side characters as they like... but who is worthy of joining the classic "gang" Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie and Rowlf... wouldn't you say these are the most popular 5? The ones that would pop up on Family Feud? I'm not so sure that Pepe, as cute as he is, is worthy of admission to the major characters lot. Never said Clifford wasn't a good guy- but he doesn't have what it takes to host a show- he was loud, hammy, and intrusive- disguised as charismatic. A little Clifford goes a long way. It's not that I don't want new characters- it's just that no new character has shown the depth of even the shallow, self-centered Miss Piggy, let alone Kermit, whose tender soul is forever imprinted on us all. Basically what I'm saying is... there is no point in throwing out a sleude of new characters if they aren't that great.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
But throwing out a slew of new characters lets them see who can fly and who will fail...For example, Seymour and Pepe came out, and only one made it to the big time...and we dont' exactly see a lot of andy and randy pig anymore, now do we?

I think it's good that they try new things, but it needs to be balanced by some of the old too...I want to see lots of Kermit, Rowlf, et al, but I'm also really into new characters like Pepe, Bobo, even Rizzo....

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

But think about it, They put Scooter back and take Clifford out ?!

Clifford isnt a 'new' Muppet, He has been around since 1989 in The Jim Henson Hour.

I think that from the Muppet TV Series atleast one 'new' Muppet should become permanent.
And that was Clifford and then Pepe, I think they have earned the right to be 'Classic Muppets'.

'Classic Muppets' as in the main group of Muppets.

See ya

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Re: Clifford..

Originally posted by Cantus Rock
This is the way alot of people think nowadays. They don't want to get into the newer brude of Muppets, they want the old hands. Now, all the stars and planets know I am an old school Muppet fan, and of COURSE I want the old characters. Heck, I'd be content living in a perpetual period from 1969-1989, just for the Muppets. But, the key factors persist, and they are that most of the original cast is gone, new people are taking over old characters, and things, as nature demands, are changing, as they always will be. So with these facts, I think this; it is better to have new, fresh faces on the shows with new personalities, than to have the classics done with new puppeteers and immitation voices. Not to say the newer guys are doing a bad job, because they aren't. I'm just saying, let nature take its course, let the new characters get settled in, and let us all pray for the original brilliance of the Muppets to come out in these characters. So, lay off ol' Cliffy, he's a good guy. His dreads are awesome too. :big_grin:

Please return to your regularly scheduled on-topic posting. :big_grin:

-Matt

But what if all the new characters completely, irredeemably and inarguably SUCK?

Spamela Sue Anderson, anybody?

Pepe is indeed a funny character though - primarily because of the voice. It's his look that is off-putting. Looks like a bug. Yick.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Clifford..

Originally posted by murgatoad
She doesn't get used any more, does she?

LAWDY MASSEY!! You better hope Pepe doesn't see what you just said...think he's ugly NOW, you should see him CRY!

F:frown:Z

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Clifford..

Originally posted by murgatoad
But what if all the new characters completely, irredeemably and inarguably SUCK?

Pepe is indeed a funny character though - primarily because of the voice. It's his look that is off-putting. Looks like a bug. Yick.
One time...No argument here. Her and that other male pig they added. And what, pray tell, was wrong with Link Hogthrob? Steve Whitmire performs him now, does he not?

Pepe is a shrimp (errr... King Prawn)..which technically is a Sea bug.

Who cares? Pepe rocks!!!!

petrieboy

Reaction score
sleudy slew stew.

Can someone help me with my wretched spelling and grammar skills?
I wrote sleude instead of slew, which is embarrassing enough. Slew meaning a host of (characters) and sleude meaning... um, I'm not sure. I could have sworn that it meant slender. Alas, there is no "sleude" in the dictionary. How is it spelled?

tomahawk

Reaction score
Re: DVD?

Originally posted by C'irdan
Yes I think Snoop Dogg is a horrible person and I'm strongly against what he's done...but wouldn't it be great to have the extra footage on the DVD? Seriously a whole half hour of muppets that could be watched alone or incorporated into the film! I'd much rather have both options though, because this is really not someone that kids should be influenced by AT ALL. Also how long is the film? Is it really 2 hours? I thought they would make it an hour or an hour and a half like Swamp Years as it IS made for TV...but who knows! It sounds great anyways.
not this again. please stop with the snoop is a horrible person and kids and influence and ..................... wait if someone reaches a certain age limit are they off the love list? what about those who don't care if snoop is in the movie? so we get to miss out on probably some beautiful footage of the mayhem ?