Check out my Anime Muppets

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your compliments and your honesty as well.
All the characters were individually hand drawn, inked, then scanned in @ 300dpi and colored in Photoshop 7 using an average of about 16 different layers for different areas including shading and highlights.
scarylarrywolf said:
How'd you do Fozzie's fur texture?
Both Fozzie and Animal's fur was done similar, only Fozzie was done last, so the method was a little more well understood when I did his.
Using the airbrush tool, I sprayed several "dots" of white on a new layer just above the layer that was the solid orange paint used for his fur, then I used a much darker shade of the orange on the same layer just slighltly over the white dots. Using the "smudge" tool, I pulled the dots into various arrow shaped directions, random and flowing throughout the area close to each other. After I created a significant helping of the "fur", I just clone stamped the rest of Fozzie's body, reshaping certain areas to keep proportion, until his entire body was covered. Then on solely the new "fur texture" layer, I applied a lighting effects texture to aid in the shading. It really lit the top part of his fur ablaze and I liked the look, so rather then fool around with it more, I decided to go with the glowing fur.
My apologies to those who read this with no knowledge (or regard) for Photoshop!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I forgot, each characters original physical size is about 9x18 inches. And the curtain background was scanned in from a Muppet Show plush characters packaging. :embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Will we be seeing any more? Bunsen? beaker? Beauregard? Statler? Waldorf? Sweetums? Robin? The Electric Mayhem?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was working on Scooter and Waldorf, but never finished them. In all honesty? I was revamping my portfolio and thought this was a good idea, but before I finished, I got the job I rully wanted, sans the AniMuppets, so seeing as I was employed, I saw no dire need to finish them immediately, but I will still add to them someday. I'd rully like to develop Rowlf in some way. I am open to suggestions!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Kinda freaky, but simultaneously cool. Photoshop frightens me; it's just far too intimidating for me right now. (My 12-year-old sister, however, thinks it's the greatest thing in the world and uses it all the time. It's sad being so technologically surpassed by someone 7 years younger than you.)

DirthNader

Reaction score
Unique

You've taken a brush and painted new and weird life into old friends. I applaud your style and imagination. It'd be cool to see those vamped out versions in a comic series.

Xela

Reaction score
Wow... :concern:

Everyone's already said it, but I'll say it again: These are awesome! :excited: :big_grin: