Chris Cerf is still with the show!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Belive it or not, he's still doing music for them. When I went to see the SSL show Elmo's Green Thumb, I bought the cast recording of it and it had the names of the songs and who wrote them. The song Abby sung I Love Words was in it and it said he composed the music for it! If I had a Muppet Wiki acount, I would add that to the I Love Words page.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
dead? far from it. he appeared on a few of those 40th anniversary panels! and gave every indication that he was still with the show.

so there's a cast recording of elmo's green thumb, huh? and it says abby's i love words is by cerf, renzi, and boylan? i wonder what the "i love words" song by tony geiss is, then?

question--if you go to a ssl, do they sell cast recordings of only the show you're seeing, or do they have other ones, too? b/c i need to get my hands on Elmo Makes Music, When Elmo Grows Up, and Elmo's Green Thumb. I'd prefer to do it without having to actually go to the show--i wish vee sold them on their website. but it could be worth it to buy a cheap ticket for the sake of getting to the souvenir booth, if they sold soundtracks more than one show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's another song called "I Love Words" by Cerf, but I figured it was the song by Wanda the Word Fairy in #2951. Tony seems to write a lot of Abby's material (seeing as though he created her).

StreetScenes

Reaction score
well, he could be on those panels b/c he knows the book authors rather than b/c he's still with the show.

the vee credits could be wrong, too--i seem to think i saw a cd with wrong or impartial credits on it, but can't remember which one or if it was even a ssl or just regular ss.

but it still raises the issue of the sources for composer/lyricist credits on the wiki...

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
There's another song called "I Love Words" by Cerf, but I figured it was the song by Wanda the Word Fairy in #2951. Tony seems to write a lot of Abby's material (seeing as though he created her).
Was that song the same as Abby's song? Also, Tony didn't write the song, Molly Boylin did.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Was that song the same as Abby's song? Also, Tony didn't write the song, Molly Boylin did.
what song are we talking about here? is boylan credited with the lyrics on the soundtrack cd? is renzi credited with anything?

at any rate, what songs ARE on the cd, and who are they credited to? maybe you could post it on the muppet wiki's ssl discography page, because the cd isn't even on there & that would be great information to have up.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
what song are we talking about here? is boylan credited with the lyrics on the soundtrack cd? is renzi credited with anything?
I'm talking about Abby's I Love Words song. Yes, Boylin wrote the lyrics. No, Renzi is not credited with anything.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
I'm talking about Abby's I Love Words song. Yes, Boylin wrote the lyrics. No, Renzi is not credited with anything.
hmm. ok. because BMI says Cerf, Boylan, and Renzi wrote a song called I Love Words, and ASCAP says Geiss wrote a song called I Love Words. just trying to figure out what's what.

btw, at the ssl show, did they only sell that cd, or did they have soundtracks to other currently running shows, too?