Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

mr3urious

Reaction score
And then, after The Grinch was over they showed some animated special that I hadn't seen before called "How Murray Saved Christmas" with Jerry Stiller as the title character; it was much funnier then I expected, it had a lot of humor that would appeal to both adults and children, I really loved it. Has anyone else seen it yet? I think it's gonna be a classic. :smile:
Saw that when it first premiered in 2014, and yes, it certainly was one of the better X-mas specials to come out. Great voice cast, solid animation, and a good deal of wit and creativity to it. I really liked the idea of all the holiday mascots from all over the world (even the obscure and forgotten ones) living together in a tiny American town with an unattractive name.
It shows how Murray fits into it, as he used to be a milkman representing "Milkman Day", which slowly fell out of favor due to advances in refrigeration rendering him obsolete.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see this year on Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Christmas playlist, they've done away with quite a bit of their more traditional Christmas songs, but have added quite a number of newer songs by the likes of, who else, Bieber, Taylor ****, Ariana Grande, and Meghan Trainor. :rolleyes:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I see this year on Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Christmas playlist, they've done away with quite a bit of their more traditional Christmas songs, but have added quite a number of newer songs by the likes of, who else, Bieber, Taylor ****, Ariana Grande, and Meghan Trainor. :rolleyes:
Frankly, I wouldn't mind that too much. I've gotten kind of tired of hearing the same old songs over and over again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll go along with that, they do have a tendancy of playing the same songs over and over again (but then again, regular radio is that way as well), but somehow it seems more noticeable now than before. Like I said back during Halloween, it didn't go unnoticed that Comcast didn't play any original RHP songs (save for "Over at the Frankenstein Place," which is hardly one of the more memorable songs from the movie) but played the awful GLEE covers out the wazoo. Still, it was noticeable that you'd hear the same songs twice a day or so. Christmas music this year, some of the old standbys not being played this year hasn't gone unnoticed, but it is interesting how they're throwing in more and more contemporary songs from more relevant artists this year (but sheesh, even Taylor ****'s Christmas songs are about breakups).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not even talking about atheism (and to be fair, a lot of atheists and agnostics celebrate Christmas, just not the spiritual aspect of the holiday, but rather, the secular/commercial aspect of it), I just find it kind of unexpected to see he's put out Christmas songs (or at least one that I know of).
Doesn't stop Barbra Streisand from doing the same.
Or Neil Diamond. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently last week's airing of Charlie Brown Christmas is the only time this year it's airing. Other than that, we're getting the I Want a Dog special next Saturday, then that's pretty much it this year.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So apparently last week's airing of Charlie Brown Christmas is the only time this year it's airing. Other than that, we're getting the I Want a Dog special next Saturday, then that's pretty much it this year.
Whaaaat??????