Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see this year on Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Christmas playlist, they've done away with quite a bit of their more traditional Christmas songs, but have added quite a number of newer songs by the likes of, who else, Bieber, Taylor ****, Ariana Grande, and Meghan Trainor. :rolleyes:
I see other people online are complaining about this as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Did I ever tell you that my early Christmas song education came entirely from this album?

I remember when the first side of the record ended, Big Bird would say "There's a lot more Christmas songs on the other side, so just turn the record over!" :wisdom:

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Have you guys started your annual Muppet Christmas production viewing yet?

I'll be watching "Christmas eve on Sesame Street", "Emmet Otter", "MFC" , MCC, "Bells of Fraggle Rock" and Elmo Saves Christmas tomorrow, but today i'm binging the six Bob's Burgers Christmas specials. And than soon I have to watch all twelve Doctor Who Christmas specials, oh and the Simpsons one from 1989, and I still haven't watched "Year Without a Santa Claus" or "Charlie Brown" and the Christmas episode of "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" or Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo Powerpuff Girls, and Rugrats...
*Gasps for breath
And I can't forget, I always watch the Bewitched Xmas special and the Beverlly Hillbillies and, and, and

GAAH! There are so many things to watch and I don't know where to start. And every year the list keeps growing and growing. :eek:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been watching Christmas episodes of Happy Tree Friends lately. I also am planning on rewatching the sad yet heartwarming Family Guy Christmas episode in which they bring Brian back to life. When I first watched that episode it caused a lot of tears from my eyes that I never expected from a show like Family Guy, I seriously remember being in tears afterwards because of the scene where Stewie sits on Santa's lap crying about his dead best friend. But what really made me cry, is that a year after that episode aired, my dog passed away when she developed cancer. Her name was Shawnee Lookout and even though she was a dog, she felt like a best friend to me and my mom (similar to how the Griffins felt about Brian), because I missed my dog so much, I remember watching a lot of Family Guy (including all the season 12 episodes and practically every other one I could get my hands on) to help cope with my sadness and it really helped a lot. Seeing all the hilarious visual gags, toilet jokes, and pop culture references made me feel a hundred times happier in a world where I was previous down, so to see a cartoon that is usually about farts and other crude things do an episode that actually was heartwarming and touching made me feel different and in a way, gave me a sense of reality and I realized that I am not the only one who has lost a dog that felt like a best friend to them, even though Stewie is fictional, seeing him reunited with Brian helped a lot and reminded me of how I will be reunited with Shawnee again someday in Heaven, if anything a usually blasphemous cartoon made by an atheist gave me more Christian spirit than I had before. Weird, huh!?

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've already watched DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY the day we put the tree up . . . I know that sounds odd and that's not even a Christmas movie, but ironically, the first time I saw the movie eleven years ago was while putting the tree up, so it's kind of a personal tradition for me, lol.

I've been alternating the first two Christmas episodes that M*A*S*H did.

I'll usually watch THE SANTA CLAUSE 2 the weekend before Christmas, but come Christmas Eve, I usually try to marathon the first three HOME ALONE movies as well as watch CEOSST before bed.

Now, as for Christmas vids on YouTube, these are always good for bingewatching:

Luke kun

Reaction score
There's Mad Mad Mad Comedians... you thought you'd never see an anime featuring the Smothers Brothers, but you'd be WRONG. It was animated by Osamu Tetzuka's studio (as was a lot of Rankin Bass specials).
And that one was animated by TMS. Yep... same studio that did Lupin III and animated for Inspector Gadget, Tiny Toons, Ducktales (HAH! A different Scrooge, yet!), and Animaniacs.
Reminds me of my version of the Star Wars Holiday Special, with the animated sequence done by Toei. The animated sequence takes up half of the special, too. I'm doing a page for my version on All the Tropes, so check it out when it's done.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Need someone to remind the true meaning of Christmas, why not Zoidberg:

Okay fine, what about Linus!? Just kidding, but I made sure to already watch the Peanuts special this year.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Harry and Marv together again, at long last:
Did you know they stayed in New York after being released from jail? They've since given up a life of crime (because they were bad at it in the first place) and after several years of waiting for it to be legal, they are now happily married. They currently host a home renovation show on HGTV.

Last edited: