1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Christmas Card from Robin

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by The Count, Dec 23, 2013.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just found this after checking toughpigs... Apparently Ricki Jervais posted a Christmas card video greeting from Kermit's nephew. And apparently most people don't know who Robin is. Unbelievable but true.
    Here's the link to read the article and see the video itself.
    http://www.toughpigs.com/ricky-gervais-facebook-robin/

Vincent L and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey Ed his last name starts with the letter G.

It is sad but understandable that Robin is mistaken for Kermit. Since Jerry's retirement, and death we have not seen a whole lot of him. I really hope this means he will be in the new movie a lot more!

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be cool

4. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I agree! What is wrong with people nowadays? Have they lost their minds? Are there people that are against the Muppets and make the same dumb mistakes.
    I thought Robin's greeting From Ricky G.'s FB was cute. For crying out loud people, Robin is Kermit's nephew. Sheesh!

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It's not that people are against the Muppets, or that people do not know who the Muppets are. When you ask a person on the street who the Muppets are most people will say Kermit, Animal, Piggy, Gonzo, or Elmo. So to have Robin who looks a little like Kermit in a video people are going to assume that it was Kermit.

6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't think Robin looks like Kermit at all. He just looks like a small Muppet frog. He doesn't have Kermit's eyes or collar, and his voice isn't similar.

7. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

You're being a little harsh. Not everyone is an expert muppet fan.Not trying to badmouth you or anything like that. But yeah. Robin is pretty adorable.

8. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Yeah, but think of the big green Elmo freak out. every normal fan, not the experts, thought Elmo changed big time.They Were a little over dramatic, but my point is most of the normal fans thought the Frog changed to a kid, and the Muppet changed to a cutesy show or something like That.

EDIT: oops, Dwayne basically just said that.''Blushes and shuts his own big fat mouth''

9. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I have? I'm so sorry! December has been kind of little bit hard on me last year. I found out that the last month of the year was never my favorite, but I do love the holidays.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.