Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Drtooth

Reaction score
HEY! It's the theme song to the Billy Joe Jive sketches!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I wasn't sure about which thread this would belong in, but I found an interview with Emilio Delgado where he talks about his experiences working on SS.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
As you may have heard, there was a time during Snuffy's imaginary era in which Ernie sees Snuffy outside, and Bert gives him the same old treatment that the adults had been giving poor Big Bird during this point in time. Then a moment later, Bert sees Snuffy and Big Bird outside, and tries to tell Ernie, only to get the same comments.

Well, someone recorded the last 58 seconds back then, and just uploaded it to YouTube today:

Hopefully someday, we'll see the complete version of the skit. If Sesame Workshop releases more classic episodes on iTunes, I would like for this insert to be included. BTW: does anyone remember if the ending music was played in any other skits?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Very nice, rare find! The music button at the end sounds similar to others, but during the 80's, they didn't rely on the same ones and started giving most segments their own ending sting.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I know that it sounds like the one played at the end of clips like Herry's Alphabet Secret and the 3-part skit with Grover's rowboat, except with a different key and instrumentation. But yeah, that's true about what they did in the 80's.

cjd874

Reaction score
This is a 1980s skit? I can't tell if it's Marty or Jerry voicing Mr. Snuffleupagus here. Not sure if it's from the late 70s or possible early 80s...and that ending music sounds VERY 1970s.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Now, I have a question, Does anybody got the Blue Bird sketch? Blue Bird was basically like a superhero version of Big Bird. Blue Bird was a comic book character created by Big Bird. Blue Bird has wears boots, Has a shield that reads: "BB". Has a red cape (I believe). And has the deep superhero-type voice (I don't who the puppeteer is). And has his own theme song. He appeared on Season 20.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This is a 1980s skit? I can't tell if it's Marty or Jerry voicing Mr. Snuffleupagus here. Not sure if it's from the late 70s or possible early 80s...and that ending music sounds VERY 1970s.
Oh, it's from the 70's, and that's definitely Jerry performing Snuffy. Oscarfan was just pointing out a fact about how they went about the ending music for skits during the 70's and 80's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A clip from Big Bird's storytime (which I never saw) where Kermit pops up. I'd say randomly, but I didn't see the video, so I'm probably missing something.

Heh. Big Bird calls him by Miss Piggy's pet name for him.