Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, isn't this stuff on this site without permission, which could cause legal problems for You Tube?

SesameMike

Reaction score
The first alcoholic beverage?

I was watching that clip on YouTube in which a man invites an "M" to dinner, and the letter wolfs down everything rather quickly and enthusiastically.

Look carefully as he commences eating. First he eats a steak in one gulp. ("Mmm....meat!") Then he eats something that's hard to identify, possibly prime ribs; all the M identifies it as is "Mmm...munch!" In between those two items, notice that the M takes a sip of (gasp!) wine! Could this be the first instance of someone drinking alcohol on Sesame Street? Yeah, I know it's really no big deal, and it's been proven that a glass of wine with dinner is actually beneficial healthwise, but there are still some soreheads out there -- the ones who wanted to ban "Little Red Riding Hood" because in some versions of the story she includes a bottle of wine among the goodies in the basket for grandma.
Also, note the M doesn't "credit" the wine, since that doesn't begin with the letter M. Could he have said "Mmm...Manischewitz, Merlot, Mogen David" and gotten some product placement in while he was at it?

Where have I seen this artist before? Is this the same guy who did The Adventures of Letterman on The Electric Company?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Well, isn't this stuff on this site without permission, which could cause legal problems for You Tube?
Well in any rate I guess we'll just like the SSU shows we'll have to enjoy them while we can.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I wouldn't think it would cause too much trouble. Worst case scenario SSW would request the clips be taken down. So far that hasn't happened to my knowledge, and they most certainly would be aware of their existence by now. So it would seem on the surface that they don't have a problem with this.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
You see if you post whole eps of Sesame Street it is a problem but if their are only bits of the episodes than it's fine.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, five minutes shouldn't hurt anything. It's just the quantity of them. You could probably make a couple of episodes with the number of clips on there.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Except that they are very few actual Street scenes that I've seen on there. Most of them are the memorable sketches and cartoons and songs that everyone loves- and a lot of those have been online on the Internet in general long before being gathered to Youtube.com