Cleaning figures

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Since we're friends...
There's an episode of Sesame Street, the 4th season premiere from what I gathered regarding talk about it here on the boards... Where the human and Muppet cast introduce themselves according to the letter with which their name starts. A kid named Alterrain for A, Bob for B, Cookie Monster for C, and so on.
What I thought would be neat is a recreation of that, but with the figure cast propped up all along the entire street diarama with the Muppet letter their name starts with.
From left to right, think of it stretching from the Fix-It-Shop to Big Bird's nest area anda little beyond.
Animal with the A. Bert and/or Beaker with the B. Cookie Monster (if he were to get made) with the C. Dr. Teeth with the D. Ernie with the E.
Floyd Pepper and/or Fozzie Bear with the F. Gonzo and/or Grover (should he be made) with the G. Herry Monster (should he be made) with the H. Irving Bizarre (should my customizer get to that one) with the I. Janice with the J.
Kermit with the K. Lips with the L, and maybe Little Bird if it should get made. Miss Piggy, the Martians or Mumford (should he get made) with the M. (Though I have him listed in the A's under "The Amazing Mumford".) The Newsman with the N. Oscar in his trashcan with the O.
Prairie Dawn (should she get made) with the P. The Q's alone for the time being. Roosevelt Franklin with the R. Statler and/or Slimey with the S. Telly Monster (should he be made) with the T.
Uncle Deadly with the U. The Count "von" Count with the V. Waldorf with the W. The X's alone for the time being. Not sure if either the Q or X would go with Sherlock Hemlock should he be made. Yorich (The Muppet Skull coming with UD) on top of the Y. And Zoot with the Z.

Hope that helps.

That sounds fun, Count! By the way, we are friends. You are one of my favorite people here. I always enjoy hearing from you and chatting about stuff whether it be the Muppets in general or our new shared love, the Sesame Street figures. You are a great friend. Thanks for all you help.

Moran9969

Reaction score
I bought 2 wooden and glass cabinets and keep my Muppets in. They are all displayed nicely, but I cannot show the pictures on here for all of you to see my displays. I'm lucky that not much dust gets into the cabinets, and in the two or so years that I've been collecting these figures, I haven't had to clean any of them.

BEAR

Reaction score
Count, I dunno where I read this from you, but did I hear you right when you said you have your own customizer? Do you mean you have someone that makes custom figures for you? That is really cool. Would you mind sharing how that works?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not at all. The way it started was my brother would help with the painting and sculpting since he knows about that stuff from his hobby of surfboard repairs. We did a few figures, mainly the Royal Flush Gang from Batman Beyond.
Of course, from my time on the boards over at Palisades, I was looking for someone who could do the work and perhaps we might be able to get more than the odd lone figure made in two months. Guess I'm still a bit awed and a smidge more at the fact that Quinn can churn out a whole Indiana Jones Muppets line in a matter of just one month if not a couple of days more.

So, was searching for a professional customizer. Went down to the mall to pick up a replacement figure and a box for mailing something, and I met a person there who proved to be the contact for the guy I'm dealing with now. The customizer I've been dealing with since last summer says he has knowledge of all things customizing from his work on customizing his own GI Joe figures. Already finished and handed in the Super Link figure for which I paid him, just waiting for the accessories.
Got a roster of customs in mind, but Skeeter would be next in line so I can rearrange the display perfectly with the S10 additions.

Main Cast shelf.
Row 3 (Third row furthest back from the front of the shelf), from left to right would include: Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, Statler and the Avocado, the Ghosts from my Uncle Deadly figures though it seems I'll have to order the Flashback figure, Waldorf, Dr. Phil van Neuter, and the Swedish Chef and the Banana from S9.
Row 2 would include: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter, Modern Gonzo, Uncle Deadly, Skeeter, Bunsen, Beaker, and Johnny Fiama.
Row 1 would include: Robin in front of Kermit, the Penguins in front of Piggy, Pepe in front of Fozzie, Rizzo, Camilla, Yorick, the veggies from RC Kermit, the Steel Rabbit, the Dancing Slinkies from White Shirt Lips that could be replaced with the correctly painted ones from Brown Shirt Lips once we get to the custom planned for that figure, and Sal Manilla in front of Johnny should he get made.
Hope this helps.