Clifford: Shades or eyes?

matleo

Reaction score
OK. I actually brought this up over in the 'ask Ken" thread relating to the potential of a future Clifford figure, but I'd be interest to hear others thoughts. how do you prefer Clifford? With shades (ala JHH) or with eyes (like in MT) As far as costuming goes, I prefer the way he looked in MT but I definitly prefer the shades. The eye thing was just wierd and a lot of people i spoke to at that time said they were afraid of those "Bug-eyes" that he had. So I guess I like the way he looked in MFS best.

--Matt

Salmoto

Reaction score
I prefer that he has eyes. It breaks the tradition of every once member of the Electric Mayhem, besides Dr. Teeth, has his eyes shut or blacked out. animal is included in that group cause of most of the early days he had his eyes perpetually shut as well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I say make eyes and removeable shades if a figure is made. I happen to like both.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
shades! SHADES! SHADES!

His eyes freak me out, maaaaaan...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you like Scooter - he's practically Janice's cousin! Heresy I tell you! :eek:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Why don't you like Scooter - he's practically Janice's cousin! Heresy I tell you! :eek:
*sigh*

Well Jamie, it's like this...

It's not that I really "don't like" Scooter---in fact, of the names I listed, he's the one I tolerate the most.

It's just that, a few years ago I got about 60 episodes of TMS in a trade---and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unbelievably excited and thrilled to get to see so much of JANICE!!!---except she was only there for VH, musical numbers, and that was mostly (but not entirely) it.

No Sir, if a Richard character got to have a character backstage, it was almost always Scooter. And cause Scooter was backstage so much, that never gave Janice a chance to be involved in the backstage shenanigans! And even when the VH players would traipse through backstage, she never even got to utter 1 freakin' line!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

It was just a major disappointment and "issue" with me, and it was mostly Scooter's fault.

So that's why I'm not as keen on the li'l orange fellow as some of the rest o' you...but I wouldn't boycott him or anything---he is better than Jackie! :big_grin:

WE LOVE YA JACKIEEEEEE!!

REALLY!

WE DO!

:big_grin:

And that about Janice's cousin? How dare you "relate" him to her---Janice is in a field aaaall her own, baby... :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I get you, but Scooter has really faded to the background these days more than even Janice. He, I feel, was as main of a character on the Muppet Show as Fozzie and Gonzo but never got quite the credit he deserved. I totally love Janice too though. That's why I invited her to the dinner party in the other thread. That and it's easy to cook for her since it doesn't appear that she eats much. LOL!

I just wouldn't fault Scooter with the absence of Janice. It's about the writers IMHO, but that could be wrong. I could do with some more Janice and maybe some equal screen time in the future!