1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Cobblestone Street: My Little Pony Meets Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Marlon Fraggle, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Thanks, Colette Fraggle! I'll pass it on to Hirake! Hey, "Pass It On"; now there's a song cue!

2. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

(singing)
    When it's nice and bright,
    And it brings delight
    Let your heart choose right
    Gotta
    Pass it on

Okay! Now that song is my head and I love it. :excited:

Whew! Am I good or what?

Marlon Fraggle likes this.
  3. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

This is cool! I loved it! The My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show has grown on me and I like it a lot. All the characters' personalities were captured perfectly. Perfect from beginning to end.

4. Thanks, vettech28! That was the reason why I wanted to post the comics here in the first place. Since the bronies appreciated seeing the ponies appear on the street, I figured the Muppet fans would appreciate the attention to detail regarding Sesame Street and everyone on it.

5. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I can understand how Bert feels a little embarrassed at his costume; Sam the Eagle had similar feelings in TMS ep. 120:

http://www.muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Tit_Willow

It would have been interesting if Fluttershy attempted to "befriend" Oscar the Grouch....

6. Poor Sam, now that I think about it, no wonder he felt so silly having to sing those parts (even though he didn't know why). :D Also, I wonder if Hirake! knows about that connection you've made, aside from the fact that they're both performed by Frank Oz.

After Big Bird told her that he's always grouchy, I don't think she would even try to do so. Pinkie Pie, on the other hand...

7. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

On occasion, Fluttershy has been known to be firmly persuasive when she uses "the stare"....

8. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

First off, I would like to thank the guy that did this wonderful work of art as it is a true example of my original thoughts of the subject of a Crossover.

Now only if Sesame Workshop and Hasbro could see this idea potential, especially when a majority of the current voice actresses and actors voiced various characters on current PBS popular shows. :p

So it makes no sense that such an idea like this could not be avoided.

Once again, to the guy that made this wonderful work, thank you.

9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I always thought that the Cutie Mark Crusaders could reach Oscar, especially after they tell him of all the messes that they made over getting their cutie marks.

Because, Grouches love messes.:grouchy:

10. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Well, Oscar does have some pets and maybe Fluttershy could "help" Oscar out when it comes to the likes of Fluffy and his other pets. :grouchy:

11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, I can truly see this happening on the show. I mean it just like Oscar to react like this.:grouchy:

12. Hey, everypo--I mean, everybody! :o I was talking with Hirake! the other day, and when I told him that I was posting his comics here, he was elated! In fact, he pointed out to me that this comic is more popular with Muppet fans than it is with bronies (Too much Muppets, not enough ponies, I guess). He says he's happy you're enjoying Cobblestone Street, and if there are any questions you'd like to ask regarding it, you can post them right here so that I can relay his answers to this thread (or ask a pony or Muppet if you wanna get interactive :electric: ).
    Hi, mbmfrog! Hirake! says you're welcome! After all, that crazy crossover concept of yours (and the understandably negative reactions toward it) is what made it possible! Ever since he started making the comic, the ideas just kept flowing and he just couldn't stop; it's gradually becoming a full-blown epic! :excited:
    Hey, it could happen, hopefully on the Hub)!
    And from his friend and to the guy that inspired Hirake! to make this wonderful work, no, thank you. ;)
    Hirake! said that he couldn't agree more with everything you said. In fact, he told me something along the lines of that is going to happen in a future story.
    Hirake! said that Oscar won't be subdued easily by "the Stare" without countering with "the Glare". Which one will overpower the other, Hirake!'s not telling. :grr:
    According to Oscar, they're "pretty, pastel-colored ponies"; how else would he react to them? :smirk:

Oh! I almost forgot; red light!