Coke & Pepsi: Is it just me?

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Anyone remember Crystal Clear Pepsi? A few years ago my friend found a 2 liter of it in her basement...must have been forgotten about in the early-mid 90s (whenever they made that stuff). You could see that over time it had seperated into a watery section on top and a heavy syrupy section on the bottom. Not as tasty,thirst quenching sight.....certainly made me think twice the next time someone offered me a soda. :eek:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Crystal Pepsi - ick. Remember when they had other ones, too, like blueberry and strawberry I think? I remember they had these commercials with a rap about it. They only lasted for the summer I think, but I thought they were pretty cool. I think I prefer Pepsi, but Coke's all right. Dr. Pepper is my favorite.
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
These would all make excellent anti-terrorist weapons. Just squirt them with it and they'd melt right into the floor.

:big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Heh heh. I like Dr Pepper, root beer and orange soda, otherwise I don't drink any sodas, and those three very rarely. There is a taste difference between Pepsi and Coke. I prefer Pepsi.
What I like even better is to mix orange soda and Coke. That's very popular in Germany.

Beebers

Reaction score
We grew up making home-made sodas, so commercial stuff leaves me flat pun fully intended lol.

:big_grin:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Home-made sodas must taste WAY better than commercial stuff! Is that basically like Italian sodas?

Between Coke and Pepsi, I prefer Pepsi (but NOT Pepsi Blue-that stuff is nasty) I used to like Coke, but had to quit drinking it because it was giving me stomach problems from all the acidity, and then somone told me that plumbers use Coke syrup to unclog drains...*eek*
I really like Dr. Pepper, and those Hansen's Natural Sodas, although lately, I have been trying to drink more water.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
y'know, even though I prefer coke, I like a lot of pepsi variants and products better. Like in the case of the vanilla ones. And MOUNTAIN DEW CODE RED! And Orange Slice.

But cherry coke's good, too.

Beebers

Reaction score
GonzoGirl said:
Home-made sodas must taste WAY better than commercial stuff! Is that basically like Italian sodas?
I'm not completely sure which you mean by Italian sodas. Home-made soda is so far superior to any commercial sodas out there that there's no comparison at all. Your ingredients are all fresh, all natural, and there are zero additives such as high-fructose corn syrup, etc. Plus you bottle in glass, in which flavor is always superior.

I make sodas, beers, tabascos, wines, cordials, liqueurs, ketchups, all kinds of stuff, just for us, and for friends. I'd love to do these recipes commercially but haven't the proper facilities to be licensed for it. But it's fun, and so much better than store-bought.

:cool:

Erin, I tried to stick your post in here too but I haven't figured out that multiple-quote-edit thing yet sorry.