Comic Book fans UNITE!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that Hugh Jackman is also a producer of the next X-Men film, as well as the upcoming Wolverine film, so he'll have a little more creative input.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Oooookay, latest news is that Beast, Gambit and the Angel will all be featured in the third X-Men film. But for whatever reason, Angel will be played as a girl. Suddenly, Bryan Singer making Rouge a teenager in X-Men 1 and 2 doesn't seem like such an extreme choice after all.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Angel a Girl! Oh nooooo.

BUT, Beast! Great! He's my fav character!

Way to go, Lowercase, getting all this info for us.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Glad to be of service. And on the DC comics front, Buffy and Firefly creator Joss Whedon has just been officially signed on to write and direct the Wonder Woman movie.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I hope they make Beast with his blue fur and not like he was in the begining; human with big hands and feet. I think it'd also be cool if he looked like his current comic book mutation, like a big blue lion.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
When I saw some pre-production artwork for X2 (when they were still considering having the Beast in that one), they were definitely going with the furry animal-looking Beast. But it's a couple years later now with a whole new director who's intent on turning established boy superheroes into girls, so it's anyone's guess at this point.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, the Blue Furred Beast is the best. I hope they go with that, athougth they already have a lot of Blue what with Night-crawler and Mystique.

But, I'm still shoked by Angel being a girl. Very, very starange idea, me thinks.

Censored

Reaction score
Don't forget about Harvey Comics. Richie Rich, Casper, Hot Stuff, Little Dot, Little Lotta, Little Audrey, Jackie Jokers, Sad Sack, etc. Unfortunately, they don't publish them anymore, but luckily the old issues are not that difficult to find.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Sonic the Hedgehog, Cartoon Network Presents, Red and Stimpy and thats about it. I haven't really gotten any new comic books in a while. But those are my favorite that I started reading when this one store sold everyone and I would go up there and get one every day but then they stopped selling them. I could still (sorry for the rambling) go to Hastings but they only do SD and PPGS. But thats what I loved to read. Thanks for you time. :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Don't forget about Harvey Comics. Richie Rich, Casper, Hot Stuff, Little Dot, Little Lotta, Little Audrey, Jackie Jokers, Sad Sack, etc. Unfortunately, they don't publish them anymore, but luckily the old issues are not that difficult to find.
If it weren't for these comics (plus a ton of Archies) I never would have started collecting comics. Not a single family trip could go by without me purchasing large quantities of these books to keep me sedated during the long trek to wherever. There was an attempt to revive the Harvey Comics line
in the 90s, but it pretty much came to nothing. These books prepared me for more diverse comicbook reading experiences later on.

And don't forget the old Star Comics line from the mid 80s. It was an offshoot of Marvel, in an attempt to have some kid-friendly comic books. I was a huge fan of Spider-Ham, an animal parody of Spider-Man and one of Star's few original books.

Though I can't recall his name, the cartoonist who basically established the "look" for Harvey's stable of characters came over to Star at this time and drew several of their books, such as Wally the Wizard, Top Dog and Droids (which was a licensed product from Lucasfilm).

Archie is still around, but he's getting blander by the day. The closest thing I've found to modern kid friendly comics these days is "Hero Bear." It's basically about a little boy who's teddy bear turns into a superhero. I know it probably sounds like Calvin and Hobbes, but the twist is that the adventures are real. It's written and drawn by a former Disney animator and it really is a good book. Check it out if you get a chance.