Comic Book fans UNITE!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
In X2, when Mystique morphs to look like Lady Death Strike so she can use her computer, if you look on the computer screen under the massive names of files on other mutants, Gambit has his own folder right on the desktop. I am a little nervous though that Bryan Singer won't be involved in X3, they've got a great franchise going, and they better not ruin it!
SWEEET
how cool.
but did you know that Halle berry might not be in X men 3.
Thats right, no storm, apparently her role isnt big enough.
Im not sure but this is what i have heard, silly woman, she cant just leave :mad:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
SWEEET
how cool.
but did you know that Halle berry might not be in X men 3.
Thats right, no storm, apparently her role isnt big enough.
Im not sure but this is what i have heard, silly woman, she cant just leave :mad:
I personally think Halle Berry is a little too wrapped up in herself, but I would still rather her play Storm then someone else. I guess I should also mention that Bryan Singer left X3 to direct the long awaited Superman movie that's been in and out of the works for the past ten years, so if all else fails, we should finally have another great Superman flick.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Animal Jam said:
Hey! What about Archie, The Simpsons, Super Mario Bros., and Sonic? Those are my favorites. :smile:
My mom collected Archie as a kid and they went up in value significantly, so hold on to 'em! The Simpsons are surprisingly funny and close to the show. I'm assuming you're in your early teens if you read Sonic, but if you like The Simpsons comics, check out Matt Groening's "Life in ****" series. It's the weekly comic strip he started in the early 80's in LA long before the Simpsons, very funny stuff, relatively adult and crudely drawn, but GREAT. You can find them in Barnes & Noble or Borders. If you like that kind of twisted humor, you should also check out Max Canon's cult strips "Red Meat". He has a website you can check out, because I think the books my be out of print. Finally, I don't recall seeing a Super Mario comic book, not since the 90's at least. When I was younger and subscribed to Nintendo Power when Super Mario World came out for the Super NES, they had a long run of SMB comic that appeared in the magazine that was like a manga. I WISH I still had those, they were the best.

Reaction score
In X2 i think Beast might appear in that file too under his human name. To be fair to halle berry she had to be on set for ages with nothing to do. I think i heard a rumour some where that Joss Whedon ( buffy, Angel, Firefly) was going to direct X3.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Old Man Jenkins said:
In X2 i think Beast might appear in that file too under his human name. To be fair to halle berry she had to be on set for ages with nothing to do. I think i heard a rumour some where that Joss Whedon ( buffy, Angel, Firefly) was going to direct X3.
In X1, when Wolverene & Rogue sit at the bar after Logan's cage fight, on the television set up in the corner is a guy with the news bar underneath him that says "Dr. Hank McCoy"
I didn't know about Whedon directing X3, he would definately make X3 good! Thanks for that update Old Man Jenkins!

Dantecat

Reaction score
My favorite comic books are Disney(Mickey Mouse,etc),Little Lulu,and maybe Popeye! :excited:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I remember both the references you speak of, Vic Romano. Dr. Hank McCoy was indeed on the television, and Remy LeBeau (Gambit) could be read on Striker's computer screen. I would love to see both those characters in the next movie, but with all the critics whining about an abundance of characters in X2, I doubt we'll see a lot of newness in characters in the third. Stupid non-comic reading critics. Go watch your boring foreign films and leave the fun stuff alone.

Go figure...give someone an Oscar and suddenly they're too good for superhero movies (Catwoman). What? (Catwoman). Excuse me everyone. I believe the voices are speaking to me again. (Catwoman). I guess Miss Berry did do Catwoman...you'd think she'd want to redeem herself by being the best Storm she can be. Oh well.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Just letting all you fans and those who may want to get into comics; I have to give a big thumbs up to Whegon and Cassady on "Astonishing X-men". If you're looking for a good book to start, number 7 started a new story arc which is really exciting so far (8 is out, but seven should still be available through your local comic book dealer).
Keep an eye out for DC's new "All Star" line starting with Batman and Robin coming soon.
A little bit of old news, but "Identity Crisis" was a big let down.
Docnzhoss said:
What? (Catwoman). Excuse me everyone. I believe the voices are speaking to me again. (Catwoman). I guess Miss Berry did do Catwoman...you'd think she'd want to redeem herself by being the best Storm she can be. Oh well.
She promised next time she'd read the script first... what a joke. :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have grave doubts as to what X-3 might end up like. No Bryon, no Cyclops (probably) no Storm (most likely) and no Jean (possible)

Terrable!

Why can't they wait until after Superman to make X-three? Will the time make that much difference compared to a rubish film? Uness they try something different and make a movie about something like Iceman, Rogue and Wolverine and leave the others out of it...

Hmm. Maybe Jean could be a different actoress since she's probably Dark Phonex anyway...