Comic book readers

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I haven't tried a Punisher book yet, but I do hear how awesome Ennis' run was. I'll have to add it to my list to check out. Ennis' Preacher series is one I started a few months ago. I'm only through the first two volumes though.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I read:
"Sonic the Hedgehog" (Archie comics)
"Sonic Universe" (Also Archie comics)
I have one issue of The Muppet Show comic and one issue of the Garfield comic book.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
*SPOILER ALERT*
I've read a decent amount of the newer Spider-man stuff, including the superb Spider Island and New Ways To Die. I wonder how the Doc-Ock Spider-man is working out? I haven't read any of it yet, except for the Daredevil crossover. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, and disregarded the spoiler alert, Doc-Ock and Spider-man had a Freaky Friday brain switch, then Ock's body died with Peter Parker's mind inhabiting it, so Peter Parker is basically dead, while Doc Ock inhabits his body. Apparently Ock's kind of a good guy now that he has Spider-man's body. I'll have to check it out.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I like odd, often short-lived stuff mostly. Stuff by Donna Barr and Roberta Gregory. The Muppet & Fraggle comics. Usagi Yojimbo. Anything by Sergio Aragones. Even the Kevin Keller Archie comics, because I consider buying those a way of saying "thank you!" with a few dollars. Marvel's Oz comics, which I'm enjoying immensely. And...well, occasional other odds and ends.

I'm in the tiny minority of comics readers because I don't read superhero comics. They bore me. The exceptpion is Lobo because those comics are tongue in cheek, and so over-the-top I just can't get offended.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm literally on pins and needles for the big Archie Mega Man/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover. I'm not even going to question the fact that only 3 Mega Man games were made for Sega Systems (A Europe and Asia exclusive remix of the three first games with a quick bonus game, a TERRIBLE port of Mega Man 4 and 5 levels for Game Gear, and Mega Man 8... the only regular game in the series... for Saturn). It almost makes Capcom swapping out Dr. Wily for M. Bison in Wreck-it Ralph forgivable. Almost.

They even plan to cross over Chaos (I guess Sonic Adventure?) and the Yellow Devil from the first Mega Man game.

Seriously... can't wait to see Wily and Eggman collaborate. They're my two favorite video game villains right there.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
*SPOILER ALERT*
I've read a decent amount of the newer Spider-man stuff, including the superb Spider Island and New Ways To Die. I wonder how the Doc-Ock Spider-man is working out? I haven't read any of it yet, except for the Daredevil crossover. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, and disregarded the spoiler alert, Doc-Ock and Spider-man had a Freaky Friday brain switch, then Ock's body died with Peter Parker's mind inhabiting it, so Peter Parker is basically dead, while Doc Ock inhabits his body. Apparently Ock's kind of a good guy now that he has Spider-man's body. I'll have to check it out.
I've only read the Superior Spider-Man when he was in the Daredevil issue, too. I do find it an interesting story that Marvel is going for, but I'll give it a shot in trade form. The podcasts I listen to fills me in enough on what's happening. Plus, that book double-ships and I care for that.

Yesterday's Batman, Incorporated issue was excellent. I'll really miss Morrison's stuff when he leaves Batman.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I've only read the Superior Spider-Man when he was in the Daredevil issue, too. I do find it an interesting story that Marvel is going for, but I'll give it a shot in trade form. The podcasts I listen to fills me in enough on what's happening. Plus, that book double-ships and I care for that.

Yesterday's Batman, Incorporated issue was excellent. I'll really miss Morrison's stuff when he leaves Batman.
*Spoiler*
I haven't really been keeping up with the new Batman; I read a lot of the stuff where Dick takes over for Bruce, but that was about it. I heard the new Joker story arc wasn't great, and that the Joker didn't really do much of anything with his reveal that he knows everyone's secret identities. Also, it seems kind of weird that they killed off Damian Wayne in Batman Inc., considering he's a pretty new character.

Dr. Tooth, I highly recommend you check out Screwattack's Wily vs. Eggman Death Battle video, if you haven't already. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the new Megaman comic, so I'll have to check it out.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
*Spoiler*
I haven't really been keeping up with the new Batman; I read a lot of the stuff where Dick takes over for Bruce, but that was about it. I heard the new Joker story arc wasn't great, and that the Joker didn't really do much of anything with his reveal that he knows everyone's secret identities. Also, it seems kind of weird that they killed off Damian Wayne in Batman Inc., considering he's a pretty new character.

Dr. Tooth, I highly recommend you check out Screwattack's Wily vs. Eggman Death Battle video, if you haven't already. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the new Megaman comic, so I'll have to check it out.
The latest Joker arc, "Death of the Family," had its moments. I enjoyed the ending, but it did leave a lot of readers wanting more. I like Scott Snyder's stuff, so I was entertained throughout.

Morrison introduced Damian 6 years ago with the intent of killing him in that first arc, "Batman and Son." He was by far my favorite Robin. I don't have a problem with Morrison killing him off in Incorporated since he's been building up to this moment for a while now.

And his run with Dick as Batman is a great read.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Allow me to rant, if you will; it's often debated as to who has the better Rogues Gallery, Batman or Spider-man. Now, I think they both have a respectable Rogues Gallery, but Spider-man's is used much better. Despite Batman's many great enemies, the only one who gets any attention is the Joker. Now, Joker is Batman's nemesis, so of course he should get a little more attention than the others, but it's gotten a little ridiculous lately; Joker gets all the big, epic storylines while Batman's other villains get maybe a half-decent one-to-three-issue story arc once in a blue moon. They're all underutilized, while Joker is completely overexposed. Meanwhile, while it's accepted that Spider-man's nemesis is the Green Goblin, Spider-man's other villains still get plenty of attention. In fact, following J. Michael Straczynski's awful run on Spider-man, once Dan Slott took over, there was a real push to bring back the classic Spider-man villains, while at the same time bringing in great new villains such as Mr. Negative. Slott understands that since Norman Osborn is Spidey's "nemesis," any Green Goblin story has to be pretty epic, and having him attack Spidey every other issue, and be defeated, as he always will be, would dilute his villainous status. What I'm saying is, Slott and the "Spidey Brain Trust" have done a good job of giving the spotlight to EVERY classic villain, not just Green Goblin, while the same absolutely cannot be said of Batman villains other than the Joker in recent Batman stories. The last great Two-face story was Dark Victory, which was some time ago:sigh:. Again, the Batman writers are REALLY overexposing the Joker, and the more often he pops up only to be defeated by Batman, the less serious of a threat he becomes. Meanwhile, in Spider-man, even forgettable B-listers like The Jackal are being reinvented and brought back into the modern age with stories like "Spider Island." Maybe Scott Snyder should read more Spider-man:wink:..

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
That was a good rant, Scotterforever. I aree Joker gets too much exposure typically. In the "New 52" he has really only made one storyline appearance, albeit one that crossed over into too many titles and seemed like overkill at times. But in the past, and throughout Batman's history, Joker clearly gets more of the big stories. It'd be great to see some others get their shot.

Snyder had a pretty cool story to kick off the "New 52" with the Court of the Owls, and his next big storyline will be "Zero Year" and looks like some new things will be introduced into the Batman mythos about his beginnings.

Morrison's run with Bruce and company battling Leviathan features the spotlight on Talia, which is great. Any story that features the al Ghul family works for me. And with recent events, Talia is making a push to be Bruce's second greatest nemesis.

Personally, Joker isn't my favorite Bat-villain.