Comic-Con Dark Crystal Announcement

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think it's wonderful that the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth comics have been rescued from the previous artists at Tokyo Pop. Even though I'm not a manga fan, these weren't even very well accepted in the manga-reading community at large. The fan base was very limited. Creator Brian Froud helming these would be exciting! Let's give that its moment. Very good news. :super:

That said...The Henson Company has yanked our chains again. We want movie news. Ever since being teased with the very real-looking concept art of Kira on the cover of fan magazines several years ago I've expected something. I understand that films take time, but this announcement wasn't hanled well. Maybe the Archaia Comics portion was the clue we should have looked at, but I was expecting a movie-tie-in somewhere. Henson's PR department is small, but how many times can they get our hopes up? Just a little sad. :sympathy:

Davina

Reaction score

kuzeh

Reaction score

Davina

Reaction score
hehe i was surprised too that it wasn't up here already .. and hubby says the only way to settle who spotted it first is a trial by stone :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been answered already but has it been said (at comiccon or elsewhere) but the fate is of TokyoPop's DC & Labyrinth mangas...will they get finished, transferred over to the new company or just dropped leaving readers hanging (this would be a huge shame for RTL which just has one more volume left)