COMIC STRIP COMPLAINT, Etc.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hate to say so, and I know I'm gonna get flamed, but sometimes comics lose their charm as their originators get older and run out of ideas.

Dennis the Menace and Shoe both are much better to me now.

*Kneels down for the kicking to proceed.*

Gonzo

Reaction score
Okay, it turns out I LIKE "Get Fuzzy." I wasn't sure what y'all were talking about, but I read it every week and I like it. I like it. I like it.

:halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Groovy. I think it's cool, but would certainly work better animated or as a sitcom. I think there are expressions you have to figure the characters are making in order for their words to become funnier.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Uh.....

Uh.....

Uh.....

What is WRONG with Jim Davis?! Is that guy supposed to be playing Jon Arbuckle??

Ugh. Definitely a matinee show if I go see it at the movies, or a video rental later on.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
AICN suggested that Steve Buscemi should have been cast as John instead and while he would have been a weird choice, it probably would have worked. I can picture him and Garfield having it out. Heck, Nathan Lane would probably make a better show of it.

I don't like to prejudge things, but I've got a bad feeling about this movie. To make this sort of thing work, I think you have to be really smart about how you approach the source material. The Brady Bunch Movies and Adams Family movies did a good job of it. If Garfield is casting Jennifer Love-Hewitt we're probably in trouble here.

Still, Bill Murray is Garfield so there is a glimmer of hope left.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I looked up the Steve guy on google, and I still don't feel he's the right choice. Too ugly. Jon Arbuckle should be sort of handsome with a little ugly thrown in. That way he's not necessarily someone you wouldn't date, but you would if you had to settle for him (guessing from a female's point of view, don't ya know). The current guy whose photo appears is too goodlooking for Jon, I think. I'm worried about the CGI of these characters, and Bill Murray as the voice, well...I have to wonder how far a single voice can carry a film? It'll sound perfect for the role, but...you know...???

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm not going to give up hope on garfield until at least until I see commercials, I think, just because I don't want to admit it might not be good!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Bleah. That doesn't look too promising to me. Doesn't even look like Garfield, though Bill Murray's voice sounds like I think of Garfield sounding. And Breckin Meyer definitely doesn't look like Jon, IMO. I don't know, I've seen him in a few things and he just doesn't seem right for the role to me. But maybe he'll be ok. I take it Jennifer Love-Hewitt is a love interest for Jon?
Erin