Commercial rant time...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How about this Subway commercial?

It must be bad because Subway has actually disabled liking and commenting (how can you disable liking anyway? I thought YT did away with that feature?)

I mean, this feels like they just did it all in one take and slapped it together when editing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It must be bad because Subway has actually disabled liking and commenting (how can you disable liking anyway? I thought YT did away with that feature?)
I'm not surprised. There are a lot of companies that don't enable that stuff on their videos. If it was an individual, it's kinda cowardly (unless they're obviously being harassed), but companies want to prevent any negative feedback hurting their rep (even if they deserve it). I can see a lot of the negative feedback of that ad just being that the 5 dollar footlongs going up to 6. And for that money, you can get a better sub at a Mom and Pop pizza place. Last thing I bothered to buy there was a soda to get a Force Awakens collector's cup.

As for a commercial, it's bad, but dull bad. Nothing remarkable about it. I've seen lazier. At least it isn't a fat shaming ad, because Subway LOVES to say nitrate rich meat is healthier for you than anything else, especially when it's only turkey. And yes, they're desperate since Jared is a sex offender. Other than that, there's nothing to say. The reporters talk like Justin Roiland characters, yet if they're supposed to be live reports, isn't that kinda the point? The one with the guy reporter goes beyond that and comes off amateurish, though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Courtesy of TV Tropes and Web Pages That Suck .com, here's a tasteless banner ad from almost a decade ago for a will and trust firm.

What heartless b-tard greenlit this crap?!?!? :attitude:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Terrible, but still not as bad as the "free virus software" ads that automatically and immediately take you to the virus infection site without your permission.

Anyway, at the risk of pawning this off on Cracked, this article mentions a bunch of my personal pet peeves as far as advertising goes.

But I really want to get on #17, especially on the case of Experian. They really are the masters of the non-joke.

OH! It's funny because the people with good credit have some sort of entitled attitude for some reason. That's the joke. They're so confident they put their feet on other people's desks and have them carry them to a moving van. Ha ha ha hilarious. But at least they..tried, I don't know? This is the worst.

And that's...a joke somehow. Because they said the number with...not a lot of confidence. The husband driving the RV doesn't even look thrilled about it. I...I don't... is the humor he thinks his wife is a crazy idiot but is too beaten down by years of living with a wacko to even show exertion? Or is he a terrible actor that also can't figure out how this is humor? To be fair, the odd painting of them on the back of the RV actually could have been a nice story piece. Instead it's just a lame attempt at a "HA HA HA WHAAAAAT?!" joke that makes no sense in a commercial that's poorly written, poorly acted, and poorly paced. Freaking Non-Joke kings they are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually thought this commercial was pretty funny, but apparently the rest of the world hates it:

The guy reminds me of Kramer - the kind of guy who will say something tactfully and not even think twice about it. The couple's reaction to his comment about them looking like brother and sister is priceless.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I actually thought this commercial was pretty funny, but apparently the rest of the world hates it:

The guy reminds me of Kramer - the kind of guy who will say something tactfully and not even think twice about it. The couple's reaction to his comment about them looking like brother and sister is priceless.
I don't see why people hate it. It seems harmless. I mean, the guy really annoying and stupid but I don't see why so many people dislike it. To me,the commercial doesn't seem that different from most other commercials

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everybody in the commercial look familiar? I swear I've seen each one of these actors somewhere else before, and the girl in the park actually looks a lot like a cashier at a little local market I shop at.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everybody in the commercial look familiar? I swear I've seen each one of these actors somewhere else before, and the girl in the park actually looks a lot like a cashier at a little local market I shop at.
Eh, I think it's 'cause they're a bunch of white people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh, reminds me of something Pat Morita once said on an episode of M*A*S*H: "You all look alike to us."