Concern about Rowlf

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
...You do realize that Eric Jacobson performs Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal, don't you? That's three of the biggest main character sin the entire Muppet-verse... yet he seems to do fine and the characters don't suffer from lack of screen-time.

Bill could easily handle Pepe, Rowlf, and Dr. Teeth. Especially now that Bobo and Johnny seem to be fading into the back.
Jacobson does 2 big characters, Piggy and Fozzie, and 2 spares, Animal and Sam the eagle. Not saying Animal and Sam are duds, but Sam was more of a secondary character and Animal, well is Animal.

If Bill just had two big characters, he could do it. But he doesn't and the mroe he uses Pepe as his big character, Rowlf and Dr. Teeth are going to be doing nothing but getting a line here and there and being pretty for the background.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...You do realize that Eric Jacobson performs Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal, don't you? That's three of the biggest main character sin the entire Muppet-verse... yet he seems to do fine and the characters don't suffer from lack of screen-time.

Bill could easily handle Pepe, Rowlf, and Dr. Teeth. Especially now that Bobo and Johnny seem to be fading into the back.
I think Rowlf will be getting more screen time if YouTube is any indication. Johnny has kind of fallen off (probably because Brian's Sal is MIA) but Bobo appears to still be making the rounds. I doubt Rowlf will get as much attention as Pepe, but it appears to be on the rise. Dr. Teeth and the Mayhem, on the other hand, will likely remain in the background with one-liners. I find that a little sad because they were such an important part of the Muppet Show. They only faded to the background after Jim died. It's time for a return - and maybe an album of old and new material!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Rowlfs' siiiinging *makes grabby hands for CD or itunes flies* I wonder..his singing is even more of his character than just his talking to me :smile:. Hope, hope...

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I think Rowlf will be getting more screen time if YouTube is any indication. Johnny has kind of fallen off (probably because Brian's Sal is MIA) but Bobo appears to still be making the rounds. I doubt Rowlf will get as much attention as Pepe, but it appears to be on the rise. Dr. Teeth and the Mayhem, on the other hand, will likely remain in the background with one-liners. I find that a little sad because they were such an important part of the Muppet Show. They only faded to the background after Jim died. It's time for a return - and maybe an album of old and new material!
What do you mean? They've been talking on Studio DC: Almost Live.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? They've been talking on Studio DC: Almost Live.
Since Jim the Mayhem has been reduced to this:
Faded background in MCC
A one liner in MTI
Virtually replaced/sometimes background on MT
A "Shalom" in MFS
A couple one-liners in VMX
A couple lines in LTS
And then each had one line and played in the background of DC

The Mayhem once had entire songs, plotlines and were solid members of the Muppet ensemble as well as prominent roles in the first three Muppet films. That's what I would like to see them get back to doing. Not just "talking" a line or two, but interacting. I admit that the Red and Green Christmas album a couple years back had a little Mayhem, but fans want to see and hear them at the same time and at more length than a, "Don't worry we won't bite..." thrown in a tucked away special that few people knew about. We want them *involved* with the Muppet gang like the old days. :cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Remember when Floyd and Janice were arguing with Kermit and Gonzo in Muppet's Take Manhatten...that's what we want them doing again. Truly being a part of the group, rather than a band tacked onto the group. I have a feeling that the new Movie might treat them well, judging by the writer.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Faded background in MCC
A one liner in MTI
A "Shalom" in MFS
A couple lines in LTS

The Mayhem once had entire songs, plotlines and were solid members of the Muppet ensemble as well as prominent roles in the first three Muppet films. That's what I would like to see them get back to doing. Not just "talking" a line or two, but interacting. I admit that the Red and Green Christmas album a couple years back had a little Mayhem, but fans want to see and hear them at the same time and at more length than a, "Don't worry we won't bite..." thrown in a tucked away special that few people knew about. We want them *involved* with the Muppet gang like the old days. :cool:
Then again, you're right frogboy4. They've been so neglective haven't they?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Rowlf and the band are going to be neglected until someone like Dave or Steve address that problem with the writers and tell them to put those characters back in the forefront with all sorts of lines and a few songs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Faded background in MCC
A one liner in MTI
A "Shalom" in MFS
A couple lines in LTS
On a technicality, you forgot OZ, where the Mayhem performed a couple of lines in a couple songs.... Dr. Teeth sang the same word over and over for one of them.... but basically it's the same idea. Plus, as we all know an entire scene with the Mayhem was cut from VMX because of Snoop Dogg...(yeah, they did not bow to pressure at all on that one) Red and Green at least had full songs sung by Teeth and Floyd under their new performers (the Teeth got a little getting used to at first).

I think LTS is the beginning of seeing more and more of them... just, unfortunately not as much as we did back during when Jim was there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On a technicality, you forgot OZ, where the Mayhem performed a couple of lines in a couple songs.... Dr. Teeth sang the same word over and over for one of them.... but basically it's the same idea. Plus, as we all know an entire scene with the Mayhem was cut from VMX because of Snoop Dogg...(yeah, they did not bow to pressure at all on that one) Red and Green at least had full songs sung by Teeth and Floyd under their new performers (the Teeth got a little getting used to at first).

I think LTS is the beginning of seeing more and more of them... just, unfortunately not as much as we did back during when Jim was there.
Wow. The fact that I forgot Oz must say something. I did enjoy it.

I think that the Mayhem's success is akin to Rowlf's and Scooter's. They all need permanent performers cast into those roles for them to thrive beyond one-liners. Rowlf was handed to Barretta a while back and he's popped up here and there. It will just take writing now. Scooter seems to be on the rise with Rudman cast. Since he's also been cast as Janice that should be a lock on more Mayhem appearances. Now if they could finally figure out Floyd. I think that's what's holding it back.

Anyway, I don't see why Rowlf is written out of things these days. :sympathy: