Could Sherlock Holmes have been a recurring sketch?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
All Lovelady's characters sounded the same.
I don't think so. I think that the only other characters John Lovelady performed besides Baskerville who had that voice in the Sherlock Holmes sketch were female characters, such as a female rat in an At The Dance segment and one of the houses. I don't think these characters sound like Crazy Harry or Nigel, and I think both Harry and Nigel sounded different.

Of course, a lot of John Lovelady's characters sounded like Nigel.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I would definitely agree that a lot of Lovelady's characters sounded like Nigel.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
don't actally remember that 1 but maybe SS's sherlock Hemlock could of made a appearance.
That gives me a fan fic idea. I could write a Sherlock Holmes sketch for an outline in which Sherlock Hemlock appears and offers to work on the case with Sherlock Holmes.:excited:

Well I have my current stories to work on but watch this space.:wink: :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's one of my old threads I liked so much. Anyone else care to say anything?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Can you name off more one-shot sketches that were used throughout the Muppet Show? Also, I too like the sound of this being an ongoing sketch. I'm looking forward to your MS outlines!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The only one that comes to my mind is Muppet University in one season 4 episode that featured Sam Eagle in the role of a university professor. Dave Ebersole AKA Gorgon Heap has made up some other such skits of this sort in his outlines.
There may have been other one-off sketches but I can't think of any specifically. Thanks for the enthusiasm. I'd like to try one day but I need to sharpen my skills in some areas. I still find it difficult thinking of Vet's Hospital sketches let alone ideas for Sherlock Holmes. But practice always makes perfect