Counting cartoon with race cars and spies

Splurge

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Is everyone sure this is Grace Slick? That's so cool, as I was actually wondering that over the last few days. That is as neat a cameo as the Pointer Sisters doing Pinball Number Count!
According to the "Sesame Street Unpaved" special in 1999, a segment of this was aired with a caption that it was indeed Grace Slick with Jefferson Airplane.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just downloaded it!! Hah hah hah!!! Man, that was cool! Thanks for sharing it with us, Mike!

mikealan

Reaction score
No problem, Dr. Tooth. A couple of weeks ago, I got two Star Wars episodes from Boober Gorg, and I certainly have the #4 of the race cars/spies with the hockey player and the airplanes in one of them. I know that #2 was seen on the premiere episode, but where can I find the other number versions besides 2 and 4?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have 6 in Hebrew some where... Too scared to dig it up, and I bet the tape is seriously warped or old or something...

As for the site, I just love the tag line the guy wrote

Excerpted from the debut episode of Sesame Street in 1969, this clip introduced the familiar "Numbers" jingle to a generation of kids. Frankly, I always found the urgent staccato beat, off-key vocals, and psychedelic imagery a bit frightening.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
rjschex said:
Anyone out there have #7 or #9 on videotape?
Dunno about #9, but #7 was seen on #1090, which some people taped from Noggin.

matthewxel

Reaction score
I like how in #10 the racecars FINALLY go!! :excited:
I saw the 2 George Washinton busts
The juggler from 3 blowing into a party noise-maker
The elephant from 4
The crocodile with a 5 in his mouth that the Jackson 5 guys were riding on
The 6-legged bug holding a flag with a 6 on it
The wizard from 7 guestering his pointed hat
The purple gooled-eyed octopus from 8
The white creature from 9 in which it was a dog with a 9 on its head all in a stand that had a gold metal in front with a large #10 on it hanging from a red, white, and blue ribbon!!

Check out those 10 blue acrobat dogs that get knocked over by a peacock with tail feathers that are all made out of bananas. The peacock somehow gets chased by some of the racecars!! COOL!! :cool:
I got all this from the SSU special from 1999 on TV land. But after the banana peacock got chased by the racecars, what happened after that, anyway?

Soul H

Reaction score
In Jazzy Spies 10, who won the race?

superfan

Reaction score
I have the SS book of numbers that was mentioned earlier! For my daughter's third birthday, I'm going to make placemats out of the the number three and the cool design behind it. Also plan to make place cards as a Jazzy Spy with the number three on it, when you open his coat, the child's name will be written in it.
Great skit.

Soul H

Reaction score
What do I do for retromemedia.tv to show Jazzy Spies 2?

mikealan said:
I think you're right. I forgot to tell you that the series that end with the spies did reveal the numbers 1-10 as Grace Slick sings "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-niiiiinnee-teeeeennnnn!" off-screen that all numbers grow all over the screen! That's a cool ending! I'd love to watch the race cars/spies sketch of #2 again on the site I'm watching it. The site you can see this is on...

www.retromedia.tv
(the site that features many TV clips from the early days)