counting sketch

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
squirrelboy said:
Off Topic: I was just curious, does anyone know anything about a number sketch with a professor type guy in a lab coat? I saw this sketch once just the other day, it showed this guy appearing out a river with a big "1" in his hand. So far I have only seen that particular sketch a few times, so I don't know how far up it goes exactly.

Anyone else hear of a sketch like this before?

Just wondering,
squirrelboy
I think I know what you're talking about.Does it go in fast motion because that's how I remember it.

Soul H

Reaction score
In refference to the lab-coat wearing guy sketch the highest they counted to was 13.

squirrelboy said:
Hello out there, squirrelboy here:

I just wanted to say "thank you" for helping me remember the rubber stamp 1 - 20 sketch from the begginning to the end. It is really neat what Sesame Street has come up with over the years to help children with thier 123's.

On a side note: I thought for some reason it looked more like a doctor with a stethiscope in his hand, attempting to take the #14's heartbeat, but it is hard to remember exactly.

Off Topic: I was just curious, does anyone know anything about a number sketch with a professor type guy in a lab coat? I saw this sketch once just the other day, it showed this guy appearing out a river with a big "1" in his hand. So far I have only seen that particular sketch a few times, so I don't know how far up it goes exactly.

Anyone else hear of a sketch like this before?

Just wondering,
squirrelboy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
tutter_fan said:
Anyone got a youtube video of this?
I know that Sawing14s does though I wouldn't bother asking him.It'll just get him annoyed.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
bigjeffy said:
I think I know what you're talking about.Does it go in fast motion because that's how I remember it.
Squirrelboy here,

You are right on the money.

It certaintly is a unusual sketch, especially when the professor shows a big #7 (on a silver platter) to a woman and little girl, waiting for there lunch. The woman's expression on that one was priceless!!

I am glad I am not the only one who remembers these sketches, thanks - all of you.

squirrelboy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Off topic: Does anyone remember that counting sketch that goes like this?

1- A light switch
2- Blenders(the noise sure freaked me out when I was little)
3- ???
4 -???
5 -???
6 -???
7 -???
8 -Radios?
9 -???
10-T.V.'s?

Sorry,it's been so long since I've seen that counting sketch I just described though I do remember that Maria was the one counting the numbers and after 10 they went backwords and at 1 with the light switch,the switch went off revealing a green backround with 0 being counted.

Soul H

Reaction score
Ah yes. How well I remember:

1 - Light switch
2 - Blenders
3 - Typerwiters
4 - Toasters
5 - Washing Machines
6 - Telephones
7 - Sewing Machines
8 - Radios
9 - Electric Fans
10 - Televisions

Hope this helps a have a good day.

P.S, I like your avatar. :big_grin:

bigjeffy said:
Off topic: Does anyone remember that counting sketch that goes like this?

1- A light switch
2- Blenders(the noise sure freaked me out when I was little)
3- ???
4 -???
5 -???
6 -???
7 -???
8 -Radios?
9 -???
10-T.V.'s?

Sorry,it's been so long since I've seen that counting sketch I just described though I do remember that Maria was the one counting the numbers and after 10 they went backwords and at 1 with the light switch,the switch went off revealing a green backround with 0 being counted.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Soul H said:
Ah yes. How well I remember:

1 - Light switch
2 - Blenders
3 - Typerwiters
4 - Toasters
5 - Washing Machines
6 - Telephones
7 - Sewing Machines
8 - Radios
9 - Electric Fans
10 - Televisions

Hope this helps a have a good day.

P.S, I like your avatar. :big_grin:
Yes,now it all came back to me.Thanks Soul H.:smile:.BTW,would you happen to remember another counting sketch that was shown in both English and Spanish that went from 1 - 10 and is another one that I haven't seen in awhile,(not since 2003 that is),and all I can remember that 1 was a banana and after they were finished at ten they would show these boxes with the pictures of what was counted in a blue backround and then they started to count backwords to one and each picture of what was counted would dissapear and when they got up to one the picture zoomed in and they showed the banana being eaten out of thin air to finnaly reveal zero?And would you happen to remember of what was counted in the rest of the numbers?

Soul H

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, is goes as follows:

1 - Sun
2 - Maracas
3 - Birds
4 - Guitars
5 - Pinapples
6 - Instruments where you use a fork to make a scratchy sound
7 - Masks
8 - Bananas
9 - Palm Trees
10 - Mangos

Hope this helps. :wink:

bigjeffy said:
Yes,now it all came back to me.Thanks Soul H.:smile:.BTW,would you happen to remember another counting sketch that was shown in both English and Spanish that went from 1 - 10 and is another one that I haven't seen in awhile,(not since 2003 that is),and all I can remember that 1 was a banana and after they were finished at ten they would show these boxes with the pictures of what was counted in a blue backround and then they started to count backwords to one and each picture of what was counted would dissapear and when they got up to one the picture zoomed in and they showed the banana being eaten out of thin air to finnaly reveal zero?And would you happen to remember of what was counted in the rest of the numbers?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Soul H said:
If I remember correctly, is goes as follows:

1 - Sun
2 - Maracas
3 - Birds
4 - Guitars
5 - Pinapples
6 - Instruments where you use a fork to make a scratchy sound
7 - Masks
8 - Bananas