Courtney Love Mad at the Muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kurt Cobain loved Weird Al's version and video of the song. There's no doubt he would have been wild about this too! Courtney cashed-in and sold her rights a long time ago. That's probably what she's bitter about. And riding someone else's wave of popularity is something that's not entirely foreign to her.
Yeah, I hate this assumption because some celebrity died, they somehow became the most humorless people in the world when they were alive.

Yet... I've recounted the story of Elvis, his family, Viva Las Vegas, and a certain Pharmaceutical company several times when it comes to music rights, so there's always the problem of music rights holders going over the heads of the actual family. That IS a problem.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dave Grohl co-wrote the song, and he's in the film.
Yeah, I was about to say this myself...He was totally into it! I think I read somewhere that he loves that scene as well as the scene he's in himself (although I could be wrong...)

Its a shame that Courtney has no 'Love' for the Muppets, especially as its only because of them that I have started listening to the real version of that song!

Borples

Reaction score
Just the title of this thread made me laugh. Courtney, Courtney. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously if you go around saying you're mad at the Muppets? MAD at the MUPPETS. I mean, c'mon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just the title of this thread made me laugh. Courtney, Courtney. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously if you go around saying you're mad at the Muppets? MAD at the MUPPETS. I mean, c'mon.
Yeah these people in the media picking on the new Muppet movie really need to realize they're only embarrassing themselves, lol.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah these people in the media picking on the new Muppet movie really need to realize they're only embarrassing themselves, lol.
The thing that I find amazing about it is that now "Muppets" has become a new 'important word to use in interviews' in the same way that Gaga used to be. People use it for buzz-sake.

Teheheman

Reaction score
She and her daughter actually got a portion of the royalties, so I don't really see what her problem is unless she wanted ALL the royalties but I think that they should split the money between her and her crack dealers. That's right, I said it.

Daniel

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The thing that I find amazing about it is that now "Muppets" has become a new 'important word to use in interviews' in the same way that Gaga used to be. People use it for buzz-sake.
This is a very good point.... lately it seems that everyone want to have themselves associated with the Muppets. Lindsey Lohan says she wants to be in the sequel, Fox News makes their comments, now this. I guess there really is no such things as bad press.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is a very good point.... lately it seems that everyone want to have themselves associated with the Muppets. Lindsey Lohan says she wants to be in the sequel, Fox News makes their comments, now this. I guess there really is no such things as bad press.
At the risk of saying something that would tick someone off... Fox News does it with EVERYTHING... every movie, every TV show... they want to perpetuate the old "The Liberals are coming to get you Barbara" scare tactic.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Courtney needs to get a life! I mean really The Muppets? So stupid!