Creator's Block 2.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Since I'm back in a bit of quandry... You guys know how this works by now, I hope...

Love to make up my own characters... Though I'm on a bit of a female-driven frenzy at the moment.
What I'm thinking...
1 Could just go ahead and develop my own original concepts. Got ten of them lined up, all ghostly girls, could continue wherever my fancy takes me after that.
2 The easier path would be to just bring in characters from already-established franchises that I personally like, assign them their numbers with a bit of added scenery, and just go with that.
Or... 3 Could have the already-established characters, throwing in a few of my own sporadically.

Hope to hear from some of my friends like Bryan, Sara, Kate, Kathy, maybe Ryan, and/or Christy as well.
That's all I got on my mind at the moment... Please LMK your suggestions here.
Thanks, have a great weekend.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I'm really not so sure this time. All three sound like they could work, but I'll give it some serious thaught, and get back to you later.

Talk to you later,
Kate

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hehhehhehhehhehheh. Welcome to my whirling mind Kate. If it helps, forget about #2 above. In truth, I'm thinking of either me own ghouls, or mixing it up with characters from other franchises.
Sort of a mish-mash of Disney, Muppets, DC/Marvel superheroes, characters from other animated shows, and a few Halloween haunters or ghostly girls thrown in for good measure.

Basically, I got interested in the world of Disney and non-Disney pins recently. Problem is, the non-Disney ones I'm interested in listed on eBay don't have a lick of a good description for the image on the pin. So I'm kinda thinking of just making my own simple designs... So maybe the grand collection would work best. Then again, since I also like to create my own darklings...

You know what, I think explaining this to someone was what I needed to help decide. That plus the fact I've got the list of who I want growing in my mind.
Thanks. *Hugs for Kate.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hmm, alright Ed, I've given this some thought, and here's what I think about each option.

1. Could end up being very good or very bad. You could end up loving your characters, but find that ten is too much to handle and come up with original ideas and such for.

2. Again, very good or very bad. It's already known that you love the characters, but they aren't yours. You're drawing from others ideas and that could get tiring for you.

3. Very good!! Have characters you already know and then sprinkle in your own original ideas and thoughts, combining existing characters with new ones has worked well for me in the past (The Muppets and Death for instance). So I'd say go for this one.

That is all for now!
Ryan
Prawnie
theprawncracker

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Smiling... Guess you didn't notice the ziffle there Ryan. But thanks, I do appreciate your added feedback.

If I were sticking with the first option, the first ten wouldn't be the problem... It'd be all the others afterwards.
But like I said, no worries, think I know what I'll do now. And in a way, I have your fics and MuppetWriter's to thank for this decision.
If you're into the superheroes scene, check his stuff out.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Aww, thanks Ed, and here I didn't think I was being any help!
I like the third option too, except maybe a slight variation of it. A combination sounds nice, but why limit yourself? Why not alternate? You could have one ofamiliar character, followed by one of your originals in the lin-up. Then again, you could put in mostly your own originals, with only a few old fiends turning up from time to time. The reason I'm saying this, is that I believe if you've gone through all the trouble of creating them, it would only be right to show them off. Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... They'll get shown off, seeing as how that's kind of how I got 'em lined up. For example, though I might use this... In the B's: Batman, followed by Babs and Buster Bunny as one entry, followed by Big Bird... And then later the Birthday Cake Bat-Babe.
So... Anyone know any good Disney character lists I can find/use? Anything on the level of the ML?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
By the by... Did I mention these won't necessarily be all in complete alphabetical order? Cause it'd be kinda limiting if it were... Think, after Zoot, the whole thing would be over and done with, no more save for variants.
But I'm working on it... Hope to talk to Zelda about the artwork soon, or anyone else talented enough who can both draw and paint... Someone like maybe Tabi? Oh well, check you guys and gals later.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well, I personally like option three, because I like seeing the characters you create along with the ones you like that already exist, but that's just my personal opinion. Keep working through it Ed, I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

BEAR

Reaction score
I think I agree with Beth's idea, Ed. Whatever you decide though will be great, I am sure.