dallas mavericks

beaker

Reaction score
That glorious Kings vs. Mavericks game

I didnt wanna say this in 2002, even though it was becoming clear...but I will now...the Sacramento Kings I believe are the new
Chicago Bulls. But instead of being a 2 man/3 man show like the old Bulls or current Lakers, they are a true defination of a 'team'.

So ya saw that game last night? Ive never seen such a powerful high ranking team like the Mavericks get completely slaughtered and dismantled before. First the Kings take out the Lakers on Xmas day in front of millions on national tv, then they destroy the Mavs beyond recognition(what was the final lead? Like 30 points? Ouch!)

The Mavericks might be up by 6 games, but only because theyve had the luxury of having much more easier opponent and home games. The Kings, with so many injuries continued to win, and win big.

For anyone who saw that game last night, the beautiful symphonic concerto and grace was unmatched with the Kings. Maybe its because I live in the Kings home town, but still...Chris Webber just dominated like nobodys business.

The Lakers, while having been on a recent tear, I dont think are even going to be a factor in the playoffs. Im sick how for the last 3 seasons the Lakers have eliminated the Kings from the playoffs. Anyone who saw the 7 game Kings/Lakers playoff series last year knows the Kings should have won.

So yes, finally in 2003...the day of reckoning!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i have no idea what the mavs are going to do when it comes time to play the kings again, but they sure upset their fans in dallas by being humilated. i'm mean i wouldn't have minded if mavs lost by 5 or 10 cause you could say atleast they were trying to put up an effort. but if you're a team like the dallas mavericks, whose main goal is now to get past the playoffs to the nba finals, then you need to win those big games..those little games against the 76's, or against the rockets are good games to go out, play har, and win, but the real games are those like the kings, and if the mavericks can't shape up their team to compete against the kings, then they're not going to get anywhere in the playoffs, because more than likely, the mavs and the kings will play each other in the playoffs, and if the mavs haven't improved their game against the kings, then they're screwed...

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
as for the lakers, who cares about them. let them lose. i always like to see different teams no matter what sport you're playing to step up and be good. the lakers have had their days in the spotlight but its time for some new teams to step up...the lakers can remain in the dark for this season for all i care...

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
as for the lakers, who cares about them. let them lose. i always like to see different teams no matter what sport you're playing to step up and be good. the lakers have had their days in the spotlight but its time for some new teams to step up...the lakers can remain in the dark for this season for all i care...

ryan
One thing we can agree on, the Lakers are down for the count.
Which is great. they had their little 3 year run, but their time is over. I know theyve been winning a bunch of games lately, but I think it is too little too late.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
looks like the lakers will be watching the playoffs at their big expensive houses that i see on the mtv show called cribs every week.

ryan