Dark Crystal/Labyrinth exhibit ...and more!

quixotic

Reaction score
Laszlo your a gem *hugs* all the pickies YAY! I cant believe they did the Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe, thats like my favourite kids programme, fond memories :smile:. Great we can see this, and good for them to show their range of talents and glorious work, no Labyrinth? But Dark Crystal!!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
You know, thats exactly what I was thinking. I wish something would be held closer to SC
I second that motion. Everything's so far away from a lot of us!

Laszlo

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Thanks so much Laszlo!!! Are some of these just duplicates?
I spoke to Brian Froud many years ago. He said some of the puppets on exhibitions have heads and hands casted in fiberglass (from the master molds), because the foam rubber originals are already rotten.
I would say that's a good thing. Fiberglass is very durable, so the original sculptures are preserved for many years to come :smile:

quixotic

Reaction score
That is a very wise decission, it makes sense to work with the latex as it is so durable, but for our beady eyes, and to preserve the history, unlike the poor rotten Hoggle, its very mportant that i think they produce such things for us to view. And how glad I am they do, even if I can only view them on a computer screen. :smile:

This is so unbelieveably off topic but I just had to right it down, I've been searching and found out that this summer in england there are a ton of puppet shows on, i will most definitly be going to see them as they are all near me, :smile: there is Rust, by a company called Green Ginger, who say they have worked with the Henson Company- watch a clip of them in action here http://www.greenginger.net/Rust3min.html it looks rather creepy which is what I like. And there is also a production called Fallen Star by the Collaborators Theatre Company http://www.collaboratorstheatre.co.uk/shows.htm

And there is also a puppet festival on in Buxton, with many shows for adults and children. My how spoilt we are! I can't wait to see some live action puppet shows.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Laszlo said:
I spoke to Brian Froud many years ago. He said some of the puppets on exhibitions have heads and hands casted in fiberglass (from the master molds), because the foam rubber originals are already rotten.
I would say that's a good thing. Fiberglass is very durable, so the original sculptures are preserved for many years to come :smile:
Okay, thanks!:smile: :crazy: