1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dave Goelz to be honored for 40 years of puppetry.

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by dwayne1115, Jun 23, 2016.

1. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Of course, I'd love to go but I am..how do you say..... BROKE :cry:

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey I am to but I have a job that gives me unlimited overtime! So I'm going to make the most of these next few months.

3. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Glad to hear about this, Dave totally deserves it.

I'm in New Jersey, but there's a small chance I could go. It's 6 days before my birthday, so that makes it a bit more likely.

theSHE124 likes this.
  4. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

I've always wanted to go to a huge Muppet event like this, but being as I still live off my parents I don't think I could ever go

5. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

6. capman

capman Member

Oh I would go to this getting that $750 package with no issues, but the flight/hotel to do it may not be worth it....poo!

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't have a job yet, so there's no way I can make enough money to buy tickets before they're sold out. Oh well.

ShMuppetgal96 likes this.
  8. dwayne1115

The flight alone would cost over 1000.00$for me and my wife....So no thanks.....

9. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

What do you guys think of the price of the tickets?

10. dwayne1115

To rich for my blood....

11. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Might sound a little too much for my family, too. :(

12. dwayne1115

Well this is being held on September 24 which is Jim's Birthday. Now the Center for puppetry arts is doing a lot of free events.That may be more doable for some folks.

13. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

I live right outside of LA and I don't even think I can go. I don't have the money...:ouch:

14. MuppetSpot

Likewise for me, too rich for my blood.

15. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Also Steve his birthday :)

16. Pig's Laundry

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot Steve Whitmire shared a birthday with Jim Henson. It's almost like playing Kermit was his destiny.

FletchySRF3088 and ShMuppetgal96 like this.
  17. Pig's Laundry

18. MuppetSpot

19. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, it's really great that they do these articles, it makes it almost feel like you were there. I don't think I would've even known this event happened, had Toughpigs not brought it up. Still, I really wish there was some video of it.

20. MuppetSpot

Off Topic but, I prefer ToughPigs over The Mindset which I think is going into a downward spiral as is.